Friday, March 16, 2012

Review: Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver


Title: Pandemonium
Author: Lauren Oliver
Series: Delirium #2
Release Date: February 28th, 2012
Number of Pages: 375
Publisher: HarperTeen
Source: Bought
I’m pushing aside the memory of my nightmare, 
pushing aside thoughts of Alex, 
pushing aside thoughts of Hana and my old school, 
push, 
push, 
push, 
like Raven taught me to do.
The old life is dead.
But the old Lena is dead too.
I buried her.
I left her beyond a fence,
behind a wall of smoke and flame.
Lauren Oliver delivers an electrifying follow-up to her acclaimed New York Times bestseller, Delirium. This riveting, brilliant novel crackles with the fire of fierce defiance, forbidden romance, and the sparks of a revolution about to ignite.
I finally had tome to read the sequel to the amazing Delirium, a book I have loved. At first, I wasn’t really sure I would love this book as much as I did the first one. Why? Because the first few chapters, seeing as the novel alternates with “now” and “then”, didn’t captivated me as much as I wanted. Still, after a couple of chapter, I really ended up being captivated by Lena’s story again. The fact that it switched between both time really helped the story be more captivating, as we aren’t simply following Lena for a few hundred pages as she grow stronger in the Wild. That could have been a little slow.

The thing that I really enjoy is that there was a couple of really nice twist that really got me addicted. I love Lena’s new “friends”, even though they don’t always seem too completely truthful. I was sad to see some of them go, but overall, I felt like they added a little something nice to the story.

Now, There is also a new male interest for Lena. I don’t like him as much as I did Alex, but he was great on is own. I can’t wait to see where everything will be heading for Lena after the few twits that were thrown her way in the last few chapters. Lauren Oliver, you got me really, really, excited for your next book in the series.

In my opinion, Lauren Oliver proved in this novel that she could write a sequel without falling into the traditional “curse” of the second book, which often ends up a little bleh in comparison. No, Pandemonium keeps us satisfied from beginning to end, without ever feeling like it can’t stand on it’s own. This was one of those books you can simply devour.

4 comments:

  1. Great review!

    I will say I was a little disappointed to see that there's a love triangle, and that's really the only thing I disliked about Pandemonium.

    Otherwise I totally did love the then and now parts because I felt like so much more of the story was covered. And you're right, it kept it from being just about Lena growing in the wilds.

    Jenny at Books to the Sky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't enjoy this one as much as Delirium. I would like to reread it, and see how I would react again. I'm glad you weren't disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My roommate has been telling me to read Delirium and Pandemonium since they first came out. She actually borrowed my copy of Delirium, fell in love and has been thinking about it ever since. I really need to get off my butt and read it! She loved Pandemonium too but not as much as delirium.

    Thanks for the review :)

    Marlene Detierro (Fishing Lodge Alaska )

    ReplyDelete
  4. In case you’re seeking glamour and still have some dough to shell out, examine Galliano for ones hublot replica uk. If we declare "Flowers" as well as Filipino bloom look, almost always there is one particular particular position wherever nearly all Manilenyos (Filipinos throughout Neighborhood Manila) travels to. That is certainly your Dangwa Bloom Market place. Dangwa Bloom Market place is regarded as by simply a lot of because most significant bloom market place throughout Neighborhood cartier replica sale. What's more, it grew to be a trendy traveler location wherever a lot of travelers may go throughout the a lot of Filipino bloom look along with gaze in lovely along with classy bloom, as well as obtain them selves a new aroma as well as a pair of. Precisely what built Dangwa very well liked? Record. Dangwa bloom market place is situated for the cardiovascular involving Manila, and that is throughout Dos Castillas block, Sampaloc fake rolex, in close proximity to UST (University or college involving Santo Jones). A lot of get proposed, specially people who owned or operated many of the most ancient bloom outlets throughout Dangwa, that this bloom market place did start to flowers in 1976. The market industry ended up being and then encased by simply middle-class local neighborhoods. The best place had been acknowledged due to the brand, Dangwa, and not as being a bloom market place, nevertheless of an shuttle critical and that is referred to as "Dangwa". However Filipino hublot replica look sellers don't just acquired in with all the brand Dangwa to start with, men and women existing longines replica sale that will position are actually with all the brand Dangwa prior to bloom market place.

    ReplyDelete