Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Authors That I'd Put On My Auto-Buy List


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and Bookish


1. John Green

Do I really need to explain this one? I've loved everything I've read from him. He could publish a cookbook and I would still buy it....


2. Stephanie Perkins

Anna and Lola made me swoon. There is something about her characters that make it so easy for me to love them. I just want more. It doesn't matter what kind of book it is.



3. Gayle Forman


She wrote some of my favorite contemporary. I would buy anything she writes.


4. Ruta Sepetys



I think that if an author can write something like Between Shades of Gray and Out of the Easy, they can write about everything...


5. Victoria Schwab
Her writing is simply gorgeous. That's enough for me to put her on my Auto-Buy list.




6. Michelle Hodkin
If what she writes next is half as good as Mara Dyer, I'll love it.



7. Julie Kagawa
She is a master in her genre. Seeing Julie Kagawa's name on a book makes it a must-buy for me.



8. Leigh Bardugo
Read Shadow and Bone and you will understand why she is on my list.



9. Richelle Mead
I've loved all her YA books, and I've enjoyed her adult books. I think I will love about everything she writes next.



10. Courtney Summers
Her books make me feel all the things, and she's Canadian! One of my favorite authors.





What is your Top Ten this week? 

19 comments:

  1. This is marginally relevant, but I'm so glad authors take head shots now- it's nice to put a face to a name!

    Jeffrey Eugenides is definitely on my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never read any books by Jeffrey Eugenides, and I'm a little ashamed of that. I've always wanted to read the Virgin Suicides.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. oh yes I love your list. SO many of my all time favorite authors
    Marissa @ Rae Gun Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another Victoria Schwab fan! I loved The Archived, though I haven't read The Near Witch yet. Soon!

    Bekka
    Pretty Deadly Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally get this list! I love Gayle Forman and put her on mine as well! And I have read some by the other authors, or have their books to read! Great list!

    Here is my TTT: http://thewhiteunicornfiction.blogspot.com/2013/02/top-ten-tuesday-3-auto-buy-authors.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm dying to read Victoria Schwab! Great list and a few authors I haven't come across, but am checking them out. Others such as Green, I enjoy, but aren't part of my must have.

    Jessica @ Literary, etc

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Emilie fantastic list!!!! Love ALL the Authors you've listed.

    Here's my Top Ten.

    Pls consider listing your blog at YA Blogosphere it's a directory listing for all YA-related blogs. IF your interested pls email me on yablogosphere@gmail.com.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie Kagawa is definitely an instant-buy for me. I also liked The near witch from Victoria Schwab and I can't wait to read The archived.

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. What an incredible list. GREAT authors!!

    Beth @ YA Vixens
    Vixen's Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing list! I agree with almost every person! I can't believe I forgot to add John Green to my list! But, we share a few :)

    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's easy to forget one! There are so many amazing authors out there.

      Delete
  10. Julie Kagawa! Seriously, that woman's stories are like CRACK.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, Steph Perkins and Richelle Mead almost made it to my list,but not quite. I think I'm the most picky reader of all time! Lol :))
    Top 10 Auto-Buy Authors + Books That Made Me Think
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's hard to only pick 10! There are so many authors whose books I would buy without worrying what it is about.

      Delete
  12. 1, 2, 7, & 9!! DEF agree! John Green needs NO explanation :) I REALLY need to read The Archived!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I absolutely loved it, and if you've read The Near Witch and loved it, I think you'll like this one.

      Delete
  13. I totally forgot about Gayle Foreman when I was compiling my list. Shame on me. I will mostly likely buy everything she writes. I have yet to read Just One Day though. I'm nervous I won't like it. even though everyone else loved it. John Green also made it to my list as well.

    Happy Reading.

    Sara @ Just Another Story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, there are so many authors that could make it to this list. I can understand forgetting one. I have probably forgotten some amazing authors, and I'll be really ashamed when I realize that.

      Delete