Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Severed Heads, Broken Hearts by Robyn Schneider



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly Meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine. It is an opportunity for us to show books we can't wait to get our hands on.

This week, my pick is:



Severed Heads, Broken Hearts by Robyn Schneider
Release Date: June 4th, 2013
Publisher: Katherine Tegen
Golden boy Ezra Faulkner believes everyone has a tragedy waiting for them—a single encounter after which everything that really matters will happen. His particular tragedy waited until he was primed to lose it all: in one spectacular night, a reckless driver shatters Ezra’s knee, his athletic career, and his social life.

No longer a front-runner for Homecoming King, Ezra finds himself at the table of misfits, where he encounters new girl Cassidy Thorpe. Cassidy is unlike anyone Ezra’s ever met, achingly effortless, fiercely intelligent, and determined to bring Ezra along on her endless adventures.

But as Ezra dives into his new studies, new friendships, and new love, he learns that some people, like books, are easy to misread. And now he must consider: if one’s singular tragedy has already hit and everything after it has mattered quite a bit, what happens when more misfortune strikes?

Robyn Schneider’s Severed Heads, Broken Hearts is a lyrical, witty, and heart-wrenching novel about how difficult it is to play the part that people expect, and how new beginnings can stem from abrupt and tragic endings.
I first heard of this book on the ARC party Epic Reads did a few weeks ago. Since then, I can't stop thinking about this book, and I can't wait to finally read it. It sounds different, and so good. It is definitely a book I won't miss.

14 comments:

  1. This one sounds really cute and touching!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, this sounds very intriguing. I haven't heard of it before, but I'm definitely interested in reading it now! Thanks for sharing, and thanks for stopping by my WoW. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds interesting. I especially love the 'witty and heart-wrenching novel' part on the blurb. And the title is catchy. Very creative. Looks like another book is added on my TBR list. :)

    And thanks for stopping by my blog, Em!

    Julie @ Books and Insomnia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I've been seeing this one around... and the more I see it, the more I want it! :) Great pick!! Thanks for stopping by and Happy Wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one sounds original and intriguing. Love the title.
    thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, this does sound good! I think the cover needs to be reworked though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a title! And I'd be interested to see how these events destroyed Ezra's high school social life. Cassidy sounds like a force to be reckoned with!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Stephanie (Go Flash Go) @ Read, Rinse, Repeat

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've also got this one on my TBR! At first when I heard about it I was put off by the title until I found out what it was about. Sounds like an interesting read!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Bree :)
    Coffee Bean Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the title of this is so interesting so that's what grabbed my attention initially but I also love the sound of contemporary focusing on high school life too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I think this book sounds amazing. Have to add it to my tbr list. I hope you wait for this awesome sounding book isn't too much longer and I hope you enjoy it when it's finally released.

    Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting. Appreciate it so so much and i hope you have a great rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How have I not heard of this?! Straight onto my wish list it goes!


    Thanks for stopping by Book Cover Justice :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm just stopping by hope your wednesday is awesome love this book

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't heard of this. The title is definitely catchy, and the book does sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hadn't heard of this before seeing it here. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete