Saturday, July 09, 2011

Being Human



I’ve been feeling sick last week. When I don’t feel really well, I can’t really read as well. I don’t know why, it simply gives me a headache after a while. So I usually end up watching movies or TV.

Because I don’t have the cable, I bought a couple of series this week. One of them is a series I bought on an impulse. Being Human. I hadn’t heard anything about it, but it was a UK series from BBC. I found that they often create really good series that we then steal from them (They did a US version after that.)





Have you ever heard the one about a werewolf, a vampire and a ghost living together? Well for George, Mitchell and Annie, that's no joke; that's their life... or afterlife as the case may be. The supernatural trio share a rented house, desperately trying to balance their paranormal problems with the challenge of simply Being Human.

I can now say that I’m addicted to this series. The biggest problem with this series is that it is too short! Only six episodes. Yet, they were so good. Six episodes of horrors, comedy and mystery. I wouldn’t recommend this series to a younger audience.


What do you do when you're sick? Do you read? Watch movies? Watch TV?


What's one of your favorite series right now? 

3 comments:

  1. I am really entrigued by this series now! I think I'm going to have to check this out ASAP! I love the BBC haha...
    Ps had to comment as Url cause Blogger is being stupid right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I'm sick, I can't read either so I watch TV. Love the BBC version of Being Human, especially Annie! Didn't really care for the US version, but the original was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite series of the moment, is probably between Game of Thrones and The Vampire Diaries.

    Same here, when I don't feel well, reading is def out of the picture. I just get really frustrated and annoyed at the book and tend to throw it off my bed - warrant I'm sick, so the throw is rather weak.

    All I can do is lay in my bed, door shut, curtains drawn, so that its dark, with the TV playing some good and familiar show or film like Lord of the Rings or the Office, as I fall in and out of sleep.

    I hate, hate being sick. Hope your feeling better.

    ReplyDelete