Thursday, January 26, 2012

Review: Incarnate by Jodi Meadows

Title: Incarnate
Author: Jodi Meadows
Series: Newxoul #1
Release Date: January 31th, 2012
Number of Pages: 384
Publisher: HarperCollins
Source: NetGalley
NEWSOUL
Ana is new. For thousands of years in Range, a million souls have been reincarnated over and over, keeping their memories and experiences from previous lifetimes. When Ana was born, another soul vanished, and no one knows why.
NOSOUL
Even Ana’s own mother thinks she’s a nosoul, an omen of worse things to come, and has kept her away from society. To escape her seclusion and learn whether she’ll be reincarnated, Ana travels to the city of Heart, but its citizens are suspicious and afraid of what her presence means. When dragons and sylph attack the city, is Ana to blame?
HEART
Sam believes Ana’s new soul is good and worthwhile. When he stands up for her, their relationship blooms. But can he love someone who may live only once, and will Ana’s enemies—human and creature alike—let them be together? Ana needs to uncover the mistake that gave her someone else’s life, but will her quest threaten the peace of Heart and destroy the promise of reincarnation for all?
Jodi Meadows expertly weaves soul-deep romance, fantasy, and danger into an extraordinary tale of new life.
Wow. That was simply amazing. I fell in love with the world Jodi Meadows created. It was simply beautifully described and I easily could imagine the world in my mind. Of course, when you have that kind of world, it can slow the story a little, as there are so many things that need to be introduced. Yet, I simply couldn’t put this book down. It was captivating and addicting.

Ana had many sides as a character. She was both strong and weak, both intelligent and naïve. That’s understandable when you look at everything she went through as a child, with her mother being so cruel to her as she is only a Newsoul, and some think that she stole someone’s rightful place. Sam was great. I really liked the interaction between those two, the patience he had with her. He was simply so sweet and amazing with her, as she was finally learning about the truth of the world, and how much she is worth. He is teaching her that she deserve happiness, when she grew up as being worthless, as being no one.

The writing was amazing. I love how realistic the relationship grew. It wasn’t too fast, as it can be sometime the case. It left me craving for more, as it was simply a beautiful aspect of the book. Jodi Meadows was able to master so many aspect of her novel, that it made it even more captivating.

Overall, it was an original tale, set in an amazingly well build world. I was highly impressed by this book, and I already can’t wait for the sequel. A Must-Read for 2012. Let's not forget about how amazing the cover is!

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this one as well! I loved the writing and the relationship between Sam and Ana. I'm so excited to read the sequel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I have seen this book around. I wondered how it was. With this review I know I have to read it. Thanks.

    Jennifer @ Reading and Writing Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great review!

    Thanks for stopping by Book'd Out earlier!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been on the fence about this one- I keep seeing mixed reviews but I definitely want to read it now! Plus that cover is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete