Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday: Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly Meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine. It is an opportunity for us to show books we can't wait to get our hands on.

This week, my pick is:


Darkness never dies. 

Hunted across the True Sea, haunted by the lives she took on the Fold, Alina must try to make a life with Mal in an unfamiliar land, all while keeping her identity as the Sun Summoner a secret. But she can't outrun her past or her destiny for long.
 

The Darkling has emerged from the Shadow Fold with a terrifying new power and a dangerous plan that will test the very boundaries of the natural world. With the help of a notorious privateer, Alina returns to the country she abandoned, determined to fight the forces gathering against Ravka. But as her power grows, Alina slips deeper into the Darkling's game of forbidden magic, and farther away from Mal. Somehow, she will have to choose between her country, her power, and the love she always thought would guide her--or risk losing everything to the oncoming storm.

Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co.
Release Date: June 4th, 2013

I've been dying for the sequel ever since I've read Shadow and Bone. I can't wait for June, to find out what happen next in this amazing series.

15 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to this as well-what is going to happen to Alina next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still really need to read the first in this series. How did I get so behind?

    At least I have until June to catch up. Thanks for sharing and great pick.

    Here's mine

    ~Danica Page
    Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh!! I just finished this one and posted my spoiler free initial impressions of it. It was really good, not as good as Shadow and bone, but definitely worth the waiting on Wednesday. I hope that you'll enjoy it when you read it :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another popular one! Can't wait to get to this one!

    Nikki @ Books Most Wanted

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I still need to read the first book. Hope to get it soon.
    Here is my WoW .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read book one yet but I'm looking forward to it. I'm sure this one is going to be great and I hope you enjoy reading it. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ive been seeing this around. Looks very interesting. Great pick. Thanks for coming by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic pick! It's killing me a little bit to have to wait until June, haha. I just want more Mal ;)

    Thanks for stopping by Bookmunchies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard so many amazing things about Shadow and Bone. I even own a copy of it! I still have to read it though.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pick! I'm dying for this one too! I loved Shadow and Bone and I can't wait to read what will happen next!

    Thanks for visiting my post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. GAH I cannot believe I haven't read Shadow and Bone yet. I will though - before this comes out - because it sounds sooo good! Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me too! Want it so bad!

    If you have a few minutes I hope you'll check out my WOW :)

    ReplyDelete