Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Top Ten Favorite Books I read before I was a Blogger


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and Bookish


I find it so hard to remember what I've read before I became a blogger. Here are some of the titles I know for sure I read before I was a blogger.


The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
Do I really need to explain this series? I have love this series ever since I first started it when I was around ten. It is, and always will be, one of my favorite series.


Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
This was one of the series that really brought me back into Young Adult. I bought it on a whim while I was shopping on Amazon, and I never regretted it. 

His Dark Material by Philip Pullman
I read this series when I was a child in French, and my copy is almost destroyed. I think I read it over twenty time, and I took it with me on a few trips.


If I Stay by Gayle Forman
I fell in love with Gayle Forman/s writing with this book. It was one of those lucky discovery, as I had never heard of that book before buying it. I saw it a the right time, and it came home with me.


My Side of the Story by Will Davis
This book was both touching and hilarious. I bought this book mostyl because it stood out on the shelves, and it got me curious. 


Bitten by Kelley Armstrong
One of the rare adult series I still read up to this day. I think I read the first four books in less than two days. 


Aliss by Patrick Senecal
This book is written by a Quebec author, and I don't think there is any English translation. Still, Aliss is probably one of the most weird and extrem retelling of Alice in Wonderland I have ever read. Let's just say it's for an older audience.

I didn't make it to ten this week, but I chose books I really loved.
What is YOUR Top Ten this week?

16 comments:

  1. I picked His Dark Materials as well. I love that series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea why I didn't put Harry Potter on my list. I guess because I just did a re-read and actually did blog posts about it.. so it doesn't count now. Here is my list:
    Top Ten Tuesday

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah, If I Stay was so good! But I forgot to put it on my list! What was I thinking?! Love the rest of your list as well!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I Stay was one of the first books I reviewed when I started my blog! It's also one of the very, very few books that has made me cry. That scene with Mia and her Grandfather when he gives her permission to die? I bawl like a baby.
    I love those covers for His Dark Materials.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YESM YES YES for Harry Potter and The Vampire Academy! :D
    Top Ten Tuesday
    April Blog Hop

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for Harry Potter! Prisoner of Azkaban made my list! And I really should have included VA, because they also really got me back into the YA world.

    My TTT

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  7. HP and His Dark Materials are both on my TTT post as well. Some of my favorite series ever!

    I have seen the VA series around a bit today. I really need to read them. Everyone says they are fantastic.

    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Harry Potter is and will always be a favorite of mine! Oh Bitten and the rest of the Women of the Otherworld series are also my favoruites. Kelley is my favourite author. I'm glad someone else chose to feature them today. Vampire Academy is a really strong YA series. Happy Reading!

    My Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list! The His Dark Materials series has been mentioned a few times today, I'm going to have to read them :D.
    New Follower
    my TTT
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/04/top-ten-tuesday-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. love HP! :) I have heard of the other books on your list and hope to read them some day!

    new follower!
    http://myloveforfilmsandnovels.blogspot.com/2013/04/top-ten-tuesday-4-top-ten-books-i-read.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Harry Potter! I've seen it on a lot of people's lists too. It's just so good. I haven't read any of the other books on your list, but a few of them do look interesting.

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

    Ashling @ Reading, Writing, & Anything but Arithmetic

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just started Vampire Academy! There's something addictive about the books, though I have a love/hate relationship with its MC.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Top 10. H.P. was on my list as well

    Danielle @ Coffee and Characters
    www.daniellecromero.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always love seeing HP and VA on any lists :) I totally need to pick up If I Stay. I have only heard good things! Plus I read Just One Day and loved it so I need to read more of her books!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahh! Duh- I should have added Harry Potter! Great list. The Pullman books look good.

    ReplyDelete