Sunday, June 10, 2012

Review: Timepiece by Myra McEntire


Timepiece by Myra McEntire
Hourglass #2
Release Date: June 12th, 2012
Number of Pages: 336
Publisher: Edgemont USA
Source: NetGalley
A threat from the past could destroy the future. And the clock is ticking...
 
Kaleb Ballard's relentless flirting is interrupted when Jack Landers, the man who tried to murder his father, timeslips in and attacks before disappearing just as quickly. But Kaleb has never before been able to see time travelers, unlike many of his friends associated with the mysterious Hourglass organization. Are Kaleb's powers expanding, or is something very wrong?
 
Then the Hourglass is issued an ultimatum. Either they find Jack and the research he's stolen on the time gene, or time will be altered with devastating results.
 
Now Kaleb, Emerson, Michael, and the other Hourglass recruits have no choice but to use their unusual powers to find Jack. But where do they even start? And when? And even if they succeed, it may not be enough...
 
The follow-up to Hourglass, Timepiece blends the paranormal, science fiction, mystery, and suspense genres into a nonstop thrill ride where every second counts.

I had been waiting for Timepiece ever since I had first read Hourglass. I had quickly fallen in love with the story Myra McEntire had created, and I was so excited to hear that Kaleb was narrating this book. When I saw that Edgemont had made an eARC of this book on NetGalley, It think I screamed. I was so happy to finally be able to read it. I have to say that I’m not a huge fan of reading on my eReader (I usually read my ebooks on my computer), but I simply couldn’t stop reading this one, even though my eReader always gives me an headache.

Let’s start with Em and Michael. I have to say that I didn’t like Emerson in this one as much as I did in Hourglass. I found her to be too much about Michael, all the time. Maybe it’s because I wasn’t as impressed with Michael as I had been in the first book (I really was mad at him for acting the way he did with Kaleb.)

Now Kaleb, on the other way, charmed me completely. I love the fact that we got to see what was going on in his head. We got to see that he is more complex than we may have thought in Hourglass. I found him to be so interesting. Of course, I can’t forget Lily, who really added something to Kaleb’s presence in the novel. I love how well she balance him, how she keeps challenging him all the time. I’m curious now to see if Kaleb will be narrating the third novel, or if we will get inside someone else’s head.

Myra McEntire’s writing was perfect for me. She was able to captivate me from the beginning, and I simply couldn’t put it down. There is something in this series that made me addicted. Another thing I love about this book is that it didn’t fall into the category of a “bridge” between book one and the followings. Many book number two feels incomplete to me, yet this one felt complete.

Overall, I’m in love with Myra McEntire’s novels. I’m already dying to read the next book, even though, it isn’t completely written yet. If you’ve enjoyed Hourglass, I do believe you will enjoy this sequel.


6 comments:

  1. Great review! This is one of my favorite series out there. I especially love the Southern setting and Kaleb. Can't wait for the third book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait either! Sadly, we still have to way for quite some time..

      Delete
  2. I love this book! This is making my favorite list!! From the very first chapter I was hooked! Of course, I am a sucker for time-travel stories and this one is the best I've read so far! Wow! The plot was so original, intense and enjoyable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favorite too! I simply love Myra McEntire's writing. I'm dying for more.

      Delete
  3. I agree that Emerson seemed to be pretty much all about Michael...although I thought she was too much about Michael in the first book too so that wasn't new. I also really liked Lily-maybe she'll be the narrator for the third book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Habing Lily as a narrator would be quite interesting.
      About Emerson, I think that it is different to be in someone's head and know that they are completly all about someone, but it is so different to see it through someone else's eyes. Maybe that's why I felt the way I did.

      Delete