Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Review: Rapture by Lauren Kate


Rapture by Lauren Kate
Fallen # 4
Release Date: June 12th, 2012
Number of Pages: 448
Publisher: Delacorte Books books for Young Readers
Source: NetGalley 
The sky is dark with wings . . . . Like sand in an hourglass, time is running out for Luce and Daniel. To stop Lucifer from erasing the past they must find the place where the angels fell to earth. Dark forces are after them, and Daniel doesn’t know if he can do this—live only to lose Luce again and again. Yet together they will face an epic battle that will end with lifeless bodies . . . and angel dust. Great sacrifices are made. Hearts are destroyed. And suddenly Luce knows what must happen. For she was meant to be with someone other than Daniel. The curse they’ve borne has always and only been about her—and the love she cast aside. The choice she makes now will be the only one that truly matters. In the fight for Luce, who will win? The astonishing conclusion to the FALLEN series. Heaven can’t wait any longer.
I had discovered this series a while back, and I have to say that it feel strange to see it coming to an end. There’s one thing I do am happy about, it’s that this book provide a great ending, true to the rest of the series. I had been disappointed with Passion, but this book did made up for it. Was it love? No, it wasn’t. Was I satisfied once I finally put the book down? Yes, as most of the questions I had were answered.

I can’t say I didn’t see coming the truth about Lucinda. It was clear from the beginning why she was the one who could, in a way, save them all. I do have to say that I didn’t see coming the twist with Lucifer. I was expecting something a little different (featuring Cam. I missed Cam in this one. We clearly don’t see him enough.) We FINALLY learn how Luce and Daniel met, how they fell in love. That’s what really made me happy with this book, as it is what we were all hoping this book would be happy.

The ending brings a complete end to the series. There’s no really need for anything more after that, and that’s something that I’m really happy about. They do mostly get a happy ending, even though it isn’t every character we have grown to love that will live to see it. I didn’t feel that sad to see the story of Luce and Daniel end. I felt so disappointed in Passion, and having this book simply bring back the aspect that made me enjoy this series was enough. We get answers. We get closure. We get what we were waiting for from this series. Now, all we can do is wait to see what Lauren Kate will bring us next, with some new characters, and hopefully a new world.

This book will satisfy those who did enjoy this series. I found it to be a lot better than Passion, so if you still like this series even after Passion, you’ll be satisfied with the closure this book brings.

4 comments:

  1. Great review! I really need to buy this ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excuse me, do you know when the book is gonna be established in foreign countries? Especially in Greece? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaa essa série er mt perfeita! Não tem mts coisas confusas para o leitor como Crepúsculo! Sensacional! Beijosana-brazilian

    ReplyDelete