Sunday, August 28, 2011

In My Mailbox 21


In My Mailbox is a Meme hosted by Kristi from The Story Siren. It is a way to share with other bloggers what you got during the week.

So, I went a little overboard in the last three weeks, but you’ll understand.
(Because I have over 40 books, I'm too lazy to put the Goodreads Links. Sorry about that. )

First, I bought 5 books at Indigo:

Papertown by John Green (Loved it! Review coming this week!)
Exile by Rebecca Lim (Review Here!)
Before I Die by Jenny Downham
Bargains and Betrayals by Shannon Delany
Bloodlines by Richelle Mead (Review HERE!)

Second, the books I bought at BookCloseOuts.com, which is an amazing website for cheap books:

13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson (4.49 UK)
Mercy by Rebecca Lim (2.99 UK)
Wish You Were Here by Catherine Clark (2.99 US)
Jinx by Meg Cabot (3.99 US Hardcover)
Kiss in Time by Alex Flinn (2.99 US)
The Luxe by Anna Godbersen (3.99 US)
Rumors by Anna Godbersen (3.99 US)
Envy by Anna Godbersen (3.99 US)
Splendor by Anna Godbersen (3.99 US)
Darklight by Lesley Livingston (2.99 US)
As You Wish by Jackson Pearse (2.99 US) Review HERE!
Spells by Aprilynne Pike (8.49 US Hardcover+Signed)
Once Dead, Twice Shy by Kim Harisson (2.99 US Hardcover)
The Amanda Project by Amanda Valentino (3.49 US)
Once In A Full Moon by Ellen Schreiber (6.99 US Hardcover)
The Return: Shadow Souls by L.J. Smith (4.49 Aus)
Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev (2.99 US)
The Miles Between by Mary E. Pearson (2.99)
Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson (2.99 US)
North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley (3.99 US)
Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler (4.99 US Hardcover)
The Karma Club by Jessica Brody (8.49 US Hardcover+Signed)
The Betrayal of Nathalie Hargrove by Lauren Kate (3.99 Aus)
Breathless by Jessica Warman (2.99 US)
Coffeehouse Angel by Suzanne Selfors (2.99 US)
Skinny by Iby Kasilik (1.99 US)
Elixir by Hilary Duff (3.99 UK)
You Against Me by Jenny Downham (5.99 Aus) Review this week!

Now, I was at New York last week, and I went to The Strand. I completely fell in love with it. I had enough self-control to only buy 5 books, 2 of which I had already read:

The Betrayal of Maggie Blair by Elizabeth Laird (Review HERE!)
The Vespertine by Sandra Mitchell (review HERE!)
So Shelly by Ty Roth
Exposed by Kimberly Marcus
Dark Parties by Sara Grant


On our way back to Montreal, we stopped at the Borders in Albany, just to see if they still had some good stuff. I ended buying 6 books!

Twilight, the Graphic Novel (only 2.50)
Hourglass by Myra McEntire
Blood Red Road by Moira Young
Small Town Sinners by Melissa Walker
The Morganville Vampires Volume 4 by Rachel Caine
A Need So Beautiful by Suzanne Young

I won’t tell you what I got on NetGalley, I think it will wait until next week. Isn’t there enough books already?

So, What did YOU get this week?

28 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that you loved The Strand!!! I think my love for it is so strong that I would plan a trip purely to go there again.
    Great reads this week - I really hope that you enjoy them all. I also can't wait to read what you think about Elixir...
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im in college and since finanical aid has gone down this year ive been in a money pinch :( So first thing cut out of my budgit was books. So ive been signing up for a LOT of giveaways! Yesterday i go Juliet by Anne Fortier! Its really good! XD
    Sayomay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's a lot of books!!!! :D I've never heard of the Book Closeout, I need to check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! Now that's a great bookhaul! Now I have to stop by The Book Closeout ASAP! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woa- thats a ton of books! It always makes me feel great when you can find a good book for cheap. Its the best excuse to just buy a couple more. I've never heard off BookCloseOuts.com but I'm definitely checking it out now. It may just become my newest vice.

    Have a blast reading all of these books. I wouldn't even know where to start!

    Come check out my IMM post! New Follower!

    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Awesome bunch of books. I've never heard of that Book Closeouts site, I'll have to check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. That's a lot of awesome books. I hope you find time to read all of them.

    Chel @ The Procrastinator's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you did went a little overboard. Great books though!

    Thanks for stopping by. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many book! I'm a little jealous! I loved Bloodlines and I can't wait to read You Against Me and Dark Parties! I hope you have fun wading through your pile of books :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every now and then I go a little crazy on Book Closeouts. As I see you did, too. ;)

    Enjoy all your goodies!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! Yeah, I'm slightly jealous by this list this week. ;) Enjoy!

    My IMM

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is one loooooooooong list of books! Speak, Twenty Boy Summer, 13 Little Blue Envelopes - all GREAT choices!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woow, that is a lot of books! So many good ones there! I really liked Jinx, and As You Wish and So Shelly look great! So do Hourglass and A Need So Beautiful! Happy reading :).

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG! What a huge list of books.
    I guess this will last for a while :)

    Please check out my IMM post

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great set! What a cool new website. I'm going to check it out. And yay for Bloodlines.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome haul this week! Exile is on my wishlist. Bloodlines sounds awesome, I need to get started on it! Happy reading :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Holy book fiend! I love it! lol That's a boatload of books, wow. I'm adding a bunch of these titles to my TBR list. New follower...btw, I'm Canadian too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. North of Beautiful is one of my favorite YA's! You will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. An epic IMM! WOW! I would say usually say enjoy your books, but with such a large selection there is no doubt you will. Happy reading! New follower :-)

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well gee, someone had a good week! That bookcloseout site sounds awesome *adding to favorites* :)

    Thanks for stopping by my IMM this week!

    Jess @ The Midnight Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOL, wow! Definitely enough already. ;) Though I admit being curious to your netGalley's anyway! A super good week for you I believe. ;) Hope you enjoy them all!

    My IMM can be found here!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Whoa! So many great books! I hope you enjoy reading them all!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow!!! You cleaned up!! I hope you manage to read them all haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for stopping by :)
    Wow, great haul this week!
    Before I die is soo sad! Make sure you keep a box of tissues next to you when you read it!
    Enjoy your books!

    Shirley x

    ReplyDelete
  25. So many good books! I hope you find the time to read them all! =D

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for stopping by! WOW! Great haul this week, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nice set of books this week. Twenty Boy Summer sounds like a good book.
    Happy reading,
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete