Thursday, May 10, 2012

Review: The Statitistical Probability of Love At First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith


The Statitistical Probability of Love At First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
Release Date: January 2nd, 2012
Number of Pages: 236
Publisher: Poppy
Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?
 Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. She's stuck at JFK, late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon to be step-mother that Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's in seat 18C. Hadley's in 18A.
Twists of fate and quirks of timing play out in this thoughtful novel about family connections, second chances and first loves. Set over a 24-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it.

I didn’t really know what to expect with The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight. It sounded like a cute story, and I had heard so many great reviews about it. (I mean, even John Green said that he loved that book…) I started it, not knowing where exactly the story was going. I knew it was in an airport. I knew there would be love at first sight, which isn’t always nicely done. In this book, it was easy to see why Hadley fell for Oliver. As much as I don’t usually find love at first sight believable, in this book, I can easily believe in it.

Hadley is forced to go to London to assist to the wedding of his father and a woman she has never met. She is still mad at her dad for leaving her mother and her. I loved how she was all over the place with her emotions. She doesn’t really want to go to the wedding, yet she is still going, and still trying to make it on time. Then, you have Oliver, who starts as a kind of gentleman, as a sweet guy that can’t seem to let Hadley alone, something she is really happy about. I mean; Oliver is simply amazing with her! She is trying to make the flight easier as she is claustrophobic, he keeps her company, and he tried to make thing better for her when it comes to her father wedding.

The relationship between these two characters does grow fast, but it is incredibly well done. It is believable. After all, they are stuck together for a couple of hours in the airport, than in the airplane. To be stuck so close for so long can make things happen faster. I loved seeing the romance grow between those two. It is really well written. You can’t stop yourself from smiling and giggling as they get to know each other.

This is a perfect read for the summer if you haven’t read it yet. It is short, addicting and easily readable within a few hours. I devoured it in a matter of hours. I simply couldn’t put it down. A must read for those of you who enjoy cute and romantic story. 

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read this book! I've had it for a while not but I still haven't read it! Great review :) Looking forward to finally cracking it open!

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope you'll enjoy it! I find it to be perfect for the summer; fun and cute!

      Delete
  2. I wanted to read this book ever since I've heard of its title and saw the cover. It just looks so adorable! Perfect read if you want something light, cute, and fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really was a cute story. I really appreciated that it was more than just a contemporary romance. It really is perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete