Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Beta by Rachel Cohn

 Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly Meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine. It is an opportunity for us to show books we can't wait to get our hands on.

This week, I'm waiting for:


Beta by Rachel Cohn
Release Date: October 16th, 2012
Disney Hyperion

In a world constructed to absolute perfection, imperfection is difficult to understand—and impossible to hide.
Elysia is a clone, created in a laboratory, born as a sixteen year old girl, an empty vessel with no life experience to draw from. She is a Beta, an experimental model of teenaged clone. She was replicated from another teenage girl, who had to die in order for Elysia to be created.
Elysia's purpose is to serve the inhabitants of Demesne, an island paradise for the wealthiest people on earth. Everything about Demesne is bioengineered for perfection. Even the air there induces a strange, euphoric high that only the island's workers—soulless clones like Elysia—are immune to.
At first, Elysia's new life on this island paradise is idyllic and pampered. But she soon sees that Demesne's human residents, the most privileged people in the world who should want for nothing, yearn. And, she comes to realize that beneath its flawless exterior, there is an undercurrent of discontent amongst Demesne's worker clones. She knows she is soulless and cannot feel and should not care—so why are overpowering sensations clouding Elysia's mind?
If anyone discovers that Elysia isn't the unfeeling clone she must pretend to be, she will suffer a fate too terrible to imagine. When Elysia's one chance at happiness is ripped away from her with breathtaking cruelty, emotions she's always had but never understood are unleashed. As rage, terror, and desire threaten to overwhelm her, Elysia must find the will to survive.
I've been curious about this book since I first heard of it. Can't wait to get my hands on it! 

25 comments:

  1. I'm really excited for this book! I think it's going to be great! Awesome choice this week :)

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dying to read this one. Gorgeous cover, too.

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nice pick! I am really excited for this book as well.

    My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-30th-may.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the cover! And I am so excited for it! I'm just incredibly sad that it's not available to book bloggers on Netgalley or I would be SO FREAKING HAPPY. Fantastic pick!

    Kim @ The Paper Planes

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book is on my list. Definitely looks interesting! Good pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I think this is the first time I've read Beta's summary and it just made me want the book so much more! Great pick :)

    Check out our WoW picks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just requested this from netGalley - hope it gets through :) Nice pick!

    Here is mine: http://tinyurl.com/cmr2uxp
    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pick! I'm so excited to read this one too. It sounds amazing, and I really like the cover. :)

    Pam @ jelly loves books

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one sounds interesting. Waiting to see if I get NG approval. Nice pick.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, this looks really interesting! I think I'll have to add it to my TBR pile and check it out when it releases!

    You can see my pick here: http://wp.me/pwvYa-aV

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm dying to read this one. Great pick! :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. The only other book by Rachel Cohn that I've read is Dash & Lily's Book of Dares, which I adored. I can't wait for Beta!

    Liza’s WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah! SO excited for this too. Great pick! :D

    Drop by my WoW?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoy! your pick, sounds good.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday_30.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. This book sounds so awesome. I was hooked on this one from the first line.

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm looking forward to this one as well! It's on NetGalley, but not for bloggers! Boo! Great pick!

    Check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just know Beta is going to be amazing! Great pick!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW post! Happy Wednesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks so good! I saw it on Netgalley but bloggers can't request :(

    Happy Wednesday!

    The Muggle
    Giveaways and Kindle Deals

    ReplyDelete
  19. YES! I cannot wait for this book. I love the idea of clones and the suppression of imperfections. I am interested to see how this book performs and hope it lives up to the amazing synopsis. Great pick! :-)

    My WoW: http://www.blookgirl.com/book-blog/waiting-on-wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think this one sounds great to and it is very high up on my TBR! It's up on NetGalley today and I got soooo excited, then realised they are not taking blogger requests and was so let down. Way to play with my emotions Disney Hyperion!! Great pick!

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beta sounds so fantastic! I love the cover, but the girl creeps me out sometimes. She's so emotional-less, but I guess that's the whole point... BUT SO CREEPY! great pick!

    my wow.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm definitely waiting for this one too! It sounds soo good. Loving all of these new dystopians popping up. It's on NetGallery, but the publisher doesn't accept blogger requests - it sucks! Sitting right there but I can't have it.. October is so far away.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great pick! I've got this one on my Must Grab list, and really looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oooh, this is a DEFINITE intrigue! I haven't heard of this book before but it sounds A-MAZING! I love the story behind it and I am definitely wanting to know more!

    Thanks for sharing :-)

    Here's my WoW

    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ooh, this sounds really interesting! I might have to add this one to my list! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete