Thursday, August 23, 2012

Review: Confessions of an Angry Girl by Louise Rozett


Confession of an Angry Girl by Louise Rozette
Confessions #1
Release Date: August 28th, 2012
Number of Pages: 272
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Source: NetGalley
Rose Zarelli, self-proclaimed word geek and angry girl, has some confessions to make1. I'm livid all the time. Why? My dad died. My mom barely talks. My brother abandoned us. I think I'm allowed to be irate, don't you? 
 2. I make people furious regularly. Want an example? I kissed Jamie Forta, a badass guy who might be dating a cheerleader. She is now enraged and out for blood. Mine. 
 3. High school might as well be Mars. My best friend has been replaced by an alien, and I see red all the time. (Mars is red and "seeing red" means being angry—get it?)  
Here are some other vocab words that describe my life: Inadequate. Insufferable. Intolerable.  
(Don't know what they mean? Look them up yourself.)  
(Sorry. That was rude.) 
Confessions of an Angry Girl wasn’t the kind of book I thought I would read in one sitting. Yet, once I had started this book, I simply couldn’t put it down. There is something about the story, about Rose that left me wanting more. Maybe it’s because I know to a certain extend what’s rose is going through, maybe it is simply because you cannot not like Rose. All I know it that I’m already dying for the sequel to come out; to know what will happen next to rose.

Louise Rozett created characters that you could easily feel their emotions, here mainly Rose. It was easily to feel what she was feeling, easy to understand (at least to me) why she was feeling the way she was. What really blew my mind with this book was how well I could recognize all those feelings that come with losing a parent, how real they felt. That’s probably one of the reason why I really liked Rose the way I did, why I couldn’t put down this book. To me, it’s probably one of the books that portrayed the grieving process the most similar to the way I had grieved (not with the Jamie back story and everything, but mostly in all her feeling regarding the world and her family).

I’m seriously having trouble putting words on what I’m feeling, so soon after having read that book. Louise Rozett did an amazingly awesome job at creating this story. Her writing was simply perfect for the story, leaving me only begging for more. I’m already counting the days until Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend comes out, because this book was that amazing. A book I would certainly recommend to any contemporary lover, or anyone looking for a breathtaking and captivating novel. Personally, this book took my breath away, because it really spoke to me, and it simply rang true to me.

3 comments:

  1. I thought this would be a pretty run of the mill contemporary (which I enjoy) and was surprised by how compulsively readable it was. I totally can't wait for the sequel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for including the trailer! It felt more like an easier read to me, so I'm glad to hear that I was wrong. I love it when a character grows on you, so thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the past couple seasons Celine has strayed from its conceptual runway bag ways in order to show off something a little more shopper-friendly, but in fashion, one a pendulum swings in one direction, the only guarantee is that ralph lauren outlet it's sure to eventually swing back. For Fall 2017, Celine returned to conceptual form with a series of oversized, bare-bones bucket bags, but prada replica there were a few treats for the more traditionally minded as well. I can't guarantee it, of course, but it almost feels like Celine's accessories designers sat down with their sketchpads and asked themselves, "What's a bag, in its simplest functional form replica handbags?" The answer to that potential question was collapsable-looking felt and leather buckets with wide webbed straps-no hardware, no adornment, just form. I found hermes replica myself very interested in looking at and inspecting the thought that went into these pieces, but they're likely a nonstarter for regular shoppers looking to stock regular wardrobes.

    ReplyDelete