Monday, August 20, 2012

Bout-of-books 5.0: Wrap-up

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is over, and I have to say I'm quite happy with the result. Here it is:

-Read at least one book every day. (Check! 8 books read!)
-Read at least 2 ARCs from BEA. (
-Read at least 1 eARC form NetGalley
-Listen to at least one audiobook

Here is the list of books I've read:

After Hello by Lisa Mangum (BEA)
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater (BEA)
Who I Kissed by Janet Gurtler
A Tale Dark & Grimm by Adam Gidwitz
The Edge of Nowhere by Elizabeth George
Send by Patty Blount (NetGalley)
Gilt by Katherine Longshore (Audiobook)
Henry Frank by Peter Adam Salomon (BEA)

Considering I have been working pretty much all week (My only day off was Saturday...) , I'm really happy with the result. I read 7 books, and I listened to one audiobook. This means I've met all my goals. Yay! The only thing I wish I had done was write more reviews, but I guess I'll have to do a review-a-thon at some point before the back to school.

About Bout of Books 

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal.  It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 13th and runs through Sunday, August 19th in whatever time zone you are in.  Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week.  There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional.  For all Bout of Books 5.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. -From the Bout of Books 5.0 team

How did you guy do this time? Link your own Wrap-up post!

4 comments:

  1. Wow :O Well done you! How did you manage to read all those around going to work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have to say, it takes about an hour to go to work, and I don't drive. This gives me 2 hours to read every work day, plus I usually read an hour or two before bed. Still hard to get those books done. I had to read a little on my luch break too, to manage all of that.

      Delete
  2. You did great, especially for working all week. Hope to see you in January for Bout-of-Books 6.0 ;)

    ReplyDelete