Thursday, August 16, 2012

Review: Every Day by David Levithan


Every Day by David Levithan
Release Date: August 28th, 2012
Number of Pages: 336
Publisher: Knopf Books for Young Readers
Source: ARC from BEA
Every day a different body. Every day a different life. Every day in love with the same girl.
 Every morning, A wakes in a different person’s body, a different person’s life. There’s never any warning about where it will be or who it will be. A has made peace with that, even established guidelines by which to live: Never get too attached. Avoid being noticed. Do not interfere.It’s all fine until the morning that A wakes up in the body of Justin and meets Justin’s girlfriend, Rhiannon. From that moment, the rules by which A has been living no longer apply. Because finally A has found someone he wants to be with—day in, day out, day after day. With his new novel, David Levithan has pushed himself to new creative heights. He has written a captivating story that will fascinate readers as they begin to comprehend the complexities of life and love in A’s world, as A and Rhiannon seek to discover if you can truly love someone who is destined to change every day. 
What would you do if you woke up in a different body every day?

What would you do if you fell in love with someone, but was never able to be with her completely?

David Levithan really blew my mind with his new book. At first, the summary slightly reminded me of me of Mercy by Rebecca Lim, but I couldn’t be more wrong. We are gifted with a heart-breaking story. There is simply something unbelievably breath taking about the struggles A is facing, simply to be with the girl he fell in love with. It is really hard for me to find the right words to describe how I felt about this book, simply because I feel like it made me go through so much.

A is taken into so many different lives. We get to see glimpse of different kinds of personality, different kinds of life. After all, A wakes up in a different body every day, and the only things those people have in common is that they are the same age as him.

It is hard to not feel a little sad for A. He has no home. Before meeting Rhiannon, he had no kind of relationship with anyone. He has no parents, no friends, and no lovers for more than 24 hours. He has to live everything: depression, heartbreak, pain, and addiction… Of course, I can’t stop myself from loving the ending, simply because it is the most amazing and logical ending this book could have. I have to say, I didn’t think Levithan would end the novel that way, but after reading it, I can’t imagine a different ending.

I have to say, David Levithan is a master of words and emotions. There is something so beautiful about this book, something that will make you want to read more.  I have to stop here before I stop rambling. All I can add is that this book is worth every minute I spent reading it, as it completely sucked me in from the beginning. It was simply beautiful.

4 comments:

  1. After reading your review I feel like I need to read this book like NOW!!! Hahah, this book sounds amazing!! I can't believe it. I think I'm even going to pre-order it! Thanks for the review!

    Sara @ Just Another Story

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I loved this book SO MUCH!!! It was amaazing :D I'm so glad you liked it. I had never read anything by David Levithan before so I'm glad I managed to pick this one up :D Awesome review!!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  3. The premise of Every Day sounds wonderful – full of wonder and possibilities. I love your review. Just like Alexa said, it makes me want even more to get this book right away. So, I’m off to Goodreads to add it to my TBR list. Thank you for such a great recommendation.

    Irene Jennings (Prom Dresses)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its truly worth mentioning the fact that real gem inlaid titanium stainless steel company belt by using buckle, in combination with be sure a wellbeing of your person wearing them, a titanium stainless steel lower the probability that so that you can induce dermis itchiness. This year cartier replica uk this series to a very strong sense of line rado replica watches building, very elegant, and abandon replica watches sale features, practical style is extremely compact disc. Regardless of whether within replica watches sale or even informal events, you will find really replica rado materials options. It was within hearing a replica watches sale leader within watchmaking style idea has already been shown to be the actual gold guideline. Traditional custom, whilst rolex replica sale has got the bravery in order to innovate traditional betrayal, as well as continuously produce brand new classics. Today, the new precision rado replica watches series replica watches the dream of another classic, bright and raw.

    ReplyDelete