Monday, May 16, 2011

Review: Dead Reckoning

Title: Dead Reckoning                       
Author: Charlaine Harris
Release Date: May 3rd, 2011
Series: Sookie Stackhouse #11
Number of Pages: 325
Publisher: Ace Book
Source: Bought
-
With her knack for being in trouble's way, Sookie witnesses the firebombing of Merlotte's, the bar where she works. Since Sam Merlotte is now known to be two-natured, suspicion falls immediately on the anti-shifters in the area. But Sookie suspects otherwise and she and Sam work together to uncover the culprit - and the twisted motive for the attack. But her attention is divided. Though she can't 'read' vampires, Sookie knows her lover Eric Northman and his 'child' Pam well - and she realises that they are plotting to kill the vampire who is now their master. Gradually, she is drawn into the plot -which is much more complicated than she knows. Caught up in the politics of the vampire world, Sookie will learn that she is as much of a pawn as any ordinary human - and that there is a new Queen on the board . ..
-

I really like the Sookie Stackhouse. It’s a series that has everything I could like, love, action, humor, and more! I just can’t not enjoy.

The story is a nice continuation of the series. There is always something going on. I’m always laughing when I read these books. Still, I must say that it is not as good as the first ones. I kind of enjoy the TV series a little more now than the book (Shame on me, I know, but good what can I say. Vampire Eric makes the show for me!) The ending is good, like always. It makes me want to read the next one so badly. This series is simply addicting to me. If you enjoyed the series, you will like this one, because it is like the rest of the books: Funny, captivating and enjoyable.

What can I say about the characters… I want a vampire like vampire Eric? God, I’m completely Team Eric, especially if you look at the character in the TV show. Alexander Skarsgård anyone? I just can’t resist. Yes, he can be an ass sometimes, but come on, can you really resist him? Sookie gets on my nerves sometimes, but I still like her as a main character. We also see Alcide a little in the book, and I have to say I was happy to see him back, even if it was only for a couple of pages. Pam is my favorite female character of the book. She makes me laugh so hard! She's so funny, even if she doesn’t want to be funny. I adore her. If I had to have a vampire friend, I would want her. At least with her, I would know that she’s honest…(sometimes too honest, but still, I love her!)

I enjoy Charlaine Harris writing style, but honestly, I really want to read more from her. I want to read new characters from her. Yes, I’ll be sad when the series comes to an end, but I want something new. We have been with Sookie for a while, I’m just curious for more.

Honestly, if you love this series, you’ll enjoy the eleventh book of the series. Still, tell me if you hope that the series will go one forever, or if like me, you kind of want to see the end of it. It’s not that I don’t enjoy the series anymore; I simply want the series to end on a high note. I don’t want to read the last book when I’m completely bored with Sookie.

I would give it a 4/5, because I absolutely love this series, and this book is a nice addition to it.

What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. I have yet to start a single book in this series! Aack! But I've seen the TV show. ;) And I'm an avid reader. It's just that I tend to read in the same genre/subject that I'm writing. Keeps my voice locked in, I guess.

    BTW, I LOVE the name of your BLOG! Hop over to mine and see why. :) Great minds and all that rot. Not to mention, yours is beautiful and dark and mystical and all the things I <3.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you read the Harper Conelley mysteries? That's another of her series' and it's really really good. I definitely think this series has had it's best days and has begun to wind down, but I do still enjoy reading them. thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anita Thanks! =) I understand that if you're writing a certain genre, you don't want to get your mind all over the place.

    @Cait I haven't read it, I'll have to check it out. I do also think that it has had its best day. This is why I hope she won't write too many books after this one for the Sookie Stackhouse series. I don't want to read the last book feeling just bored, when I have enjoyed so many of her books.

    ReplyDelete