Saturday, May 21, 2011

Review: Mercy

Title: Mercy
Author: Rebecca Lim
Release Date: May 17th, 2011
Series: Mercy #1
Number of Pages: 288
Publisher: Hyperion Book
Source: NetGalley
-
Mercy in an exile from heaven with shattered memories of who she used to be. She's doomed to "wake" repeatedly on earth in a new body, each time assuming a new life. During the day she survives in the human world on instinct and at night her dreams are haunted by her lost love, who pleads with her to find him. 


But this time is different. When Mercy wakes up she meets Ryan, an eighteen-year-old reeling from the loss of his twin sister, Lauren, who was kidnapped two years ago. Only Mercy and Ryan believe his sister is still alive. For the first time since she can remember, Mercy has a purpose: she can help. So she doesn't understand why the man in her dreams cautions her not to interfere. But as Ryan and Mercy come closer to solving the mystery of Lauren's disappearance, danger looms just one step behind. 


Will Mercy be able to harness her extraordinary power in time?


The first in a dazzling new series, Mercy masterfully weaves romance, mystery and the supernatural into a spell-binding tale that readers will devour.
-
I had heard little about this book, before picking it up and reading it. I was nicely surprised about this book, even thought it wasn’t exactly what I was expecting.

The plot is interesting, but it has a slow pace. It wasn’t a bad thing. I enjoy taking the time to really get into the story, and by doing do, I was able to understand more of the character. The story may be about a heaven cast out, yet you can relate to her. After all, aren’t we as teenagers looking for who we really are? Mercy is seeking the truth about her identity, and she is tempted while doing so by the “dark side” (if you want to call it that).  The ending was beautiful and sad, but I loved it. I’m really excited about the sequel.

I loved Mercy. She really is my favorite character in this book. She is trying to do the best she can to help someone she doesn’t really know, even if the one “person” she knows and love tells her not to do so. She is looking for who she is, yet she isn’t tempted by the easy way out of everything. She is reading to fight for what she thing is right. I like that in a character. What I loved most about her is that she isn’t perfect. A perfect character really annoys me. She makes mistakes like everyone. Ryan is an amazing brother. He doesn’t want to give up on his sister, even if everyone has. If I had a brother, I wish he could be half as devoted to his sister as Ryan was.

Rebecca Lim has found in me a new fan of her books. I really can’t wait to get my hand on the sequel.

A perfect book if you’re looking for a beautiful and slow book. Sometime it is nice to enjoy a good story instead of just rushing through it to know the end.

4/5

3 comments:

  1. This one has been sitting in my e-reader for a while now and I just haven't gotten around to reading it yet. I'm definitely going to bump it up my TBR list, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. I have a friend at work who has been nagging me for ages to read this book. I will get to it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This hublot replica uk Air Silent celestial body Tourbillon worthes 1. 3 mil cash. Patek Philippe Air Silent celestial body Tourbillon is usually a costly check out because doing so is made up outside of 688 areas, where a substantial aspect were being set up through some sort of microscope. This check out presented the primary major location extremely high priced omega replica with 2002, as soon as ıt had been available intended for money 5 mil on a retail. This exclusive matter of which check out delivers is usually so it shows any time in numerous places and is particularly incredibly easy to read. A different high quality high priced check out is usually replica watches uk Supercomplication. This alarm clock is fashioned with 1932 by 18 carat silver. This output time period in this check out seemed to be some a long time, in addition to with 1999 this Chopard documented a list with the most expensive jean pocket replica watches uk on the market for a open retail. Involving his or her different inventions were being the latest eye-catching process intended for repeaters, the latest escapement, this so-called echappement naturel, just like chronometer escapement (1789), with 1790, this parachute great shock safeguard process, this tube escapement that has a ruby tube, in addition to upgrades connected with Perrelet's intelligent rotating process, carried out with his or her all around 45 rolex replica uk.

    ReplyDelete