Saturday, May 14, 2011

Review: Linger

Title: Linger
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Release Date: July 13th, 2010
Series: The Wolves of Mercy Fall #2
Number of Pages: 362
Publisher: Scholastic
Source: Bought
-
In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other.  Now, in Linger, they must fight to be together. For Grace, this means defying her parents and keeping a very dangerous secret about her own well-being. For Sam, this means grappling with his werewolf past . . . and figuring out a way to survive into the future. Add into the mix a new wolf named Cole, whose own past has the potential to destroy the whole pack.  And Isabelle, who already lost her brother to the wolves . . . and is nonetheless drawn to Cole.
At turns harrowing and euphoric, Linger is a spellbinding love story that explores both sides of love -- the light and the dark, the warm and the cold -- in a way you will never forget.
-

Ahh Linger. A book I was really excited to read because I had enjoyed Shiver. Yet, I was really disappointed with this one. It just didn’t live up to my expectations.

First, the story was really slow. I couldn’t get into the story. It was painful by moment. At some point, I just wanted to get over with it, so I could start a new book. I just wished the real plot could have started earlier. It took too long before something really happened. The best part of the plot was the ending, which I think was interesting. It made me interested in knowing what would happen next. It’s probably the main reason why I will read Forever.

Some of the characters I really liked, some not so much. I like Sam. He is probably my favorite character of this series. Grace just always acted like she couldn’t live without Sam, which really got on my nerves. She just acted so weak sometime. Isabel can be a hell of a B****. Cole was such an ass. I understand that he wants to forget, but really, does he have to act like he does all the time? Arg. Really didn’t like him. Don’t try to make us feel bad about your life dude.

I think Maggie Stiefvater writes beautifully. Yet, in this book, one thing really annoyed the heck out of me: The Four Points of View. Four is way too much. I was lost every time I picked my book after taking a break of reading. Not fun. I really hope forever doesn’t have that many of them.

Overall, I was disappointed. I’m still hoping Forever will be better. 2.5/5

2 comments:

  1. 2.5? Awww. I thought Linger was awesome. I actually liked this better than Shiver. Anyway, I hope we like Forever much better.

    And oh, I don't know how many POV's Forever has, but Shelby has her own POV there. So maybe there'll be... five?

    - Chel
    The Procrastinator's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, maybe I was imply expecting too much from it... I really enjoyed Shiver, but I felt like it didn't meet my expectations. I'm happy to know that you did enjoy ti. I do hope to enjoy Forever more. Maybe I'll re-read both Shiver and Linger before reading Forever to put me back into the series.

    ReplyDelete