Thursday, May 05, 2011

Review: Die For Me

Title: Die For Me
Author: Amy Plum
Release Date: May 10th
Series: Revenants #1
Number of Pages: 259
Publisher: HarperTeen
Source: NetGalley
-
Kate Mercier’s wonderfully normal teenage life comes crashing down when her parents are killed in a car accident. Suddenly, she and her sister, Georgia, are forced to leave everything they’ve ever known in America and move to Paris to live with their grandparents. For Kate, the only way to survive is by sealing off her heart and escaping into the comforting world of books and beautiful art. Until she meets Vincent.
Mysterious, charming, and devastatingly handsome Vincent threatens to melt the ice around Kate’s guarded heart with just his smile. He also happens to be one of an elite race of paranormal beings known as revenants—undead creatures who exist to sacrifice themselves over and over again in place of other humans whose time to die has not yet come.
As Kate’s attraction to Vincent grows, she must choose between the shattered life she was trying to rebuild, and the risks of loving again. But when she learns that her sister has become involved with a group of evil revenants who exist solely to murder and betray those around them, Kate is thrown into the midst of a centuries-old battle which threatens the lives of everyone she loves.
-

First of all, can I say that that I absolutely love the new cover? Isn’t gorgeous? I want it on my shelf as soon as I can. Not only is it gorgeous, it is also really good!

When I first started reading this book, I was a little skeptical. I just wasn’t sure were it was going. After a couple of pages, I was getting deeper and deeper into the story, to the point where I ended up staying up really late to finish it. (2am is never a good time to go to bed when you have to go to school really early in the morning. Bad idea.) Yet, I don’t regret my really short night, because it was good. The ending makes me curious for more, even thought she doesn’t leave us with a mean cliffhanger. I still want to know what will happen with Kate and Vincent. My only problem with the story honestly was that it was to short. I wanted more! I wish there had been at least 50 more pages, at least to completely satisfy me. I guess I’ll have to wait for the next one instead.

The characters at first didn’t click with me. Yet, the more I read, the more I ended up liking them. Kate is a really great character, yet I wish she had freaked out a little more when she learned what Vincent was. If it had been me, I would have freaked out way more, probably using a few swear to make my point. Vincent is great, but I liked Jules more. I love his flirty side with Kate. He always makes me smile. I didn’t really like Georgia, simply because she seemed a little full of herself at some points.

I really liked Plum’s debut novel. I can’t wait to read more form her, and hopefully, I won’t have to wait that long!

I would give it a 4/5, mainly because I wish it had been longer. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm desperately waiting to read this one! Not long now! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed it. I loved it :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree this cover is BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for the review. I'm a little more eager to read this book now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for my copy to arrive! Everyone seems to love this novel and I WANT MY COPY TO ARRIVE NOW! :D
    Thanks for sharing your opinion. :)

    Carina

    ReplyDelete