Monday, September 10, 2012

Review: Entice by Jessica Shirvington

Entice by Jessica Shirvington
The Violet Eden Chapters #2
Release Date: September 4th, 2012
Number of Pages: 464
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Source: ARC from BEA 
Violet Eden is Grigori - part angel, part human. Her destiny is to protect humans from the vengence of exiled angels.
 Knowing who to trust is key but, when Grigori reinforcements arrive, it becomes clear everyone is hiding something. Even Lincoln. The only thing Violet does know: Phoenix's hold over her is more dangerous than ever.
 The race to find the one thing that could tilt the balance of power brings them all to the sacred mountains of Jordan, where Violet's power will be pushed to the extreme. And the ultimate betrayal exposed.
 Enticed is the second compelling book in The Violet Eden Chapters. 
I’ve read Embrace not long ago, so the book was still pretty fresh in my memory when I started this one (always a plus, because this takes out the confusing I could have had. No, I started Entice knowing what had happen in book one, and really excited to find out what happen next. I have to say I was really happy with what we got in this sequel. I still have to say that it wasn’t better than book one (the middle book rarely is), but it was still pretty solid. We got to learn a lot more about the back-story of the Grigori, their history, and their mythology. That was something that I was really happy to get, because I had a couple of questions from book one that needed answers, and I got a good part of those. Still, there’s still some mystery, since there’s a third book coming.

I really like Violet more and more in this book. I feel like she is becoming more solid as a character, and I love seeing her interact with different characters than Lincoln (even though I ADORE him) and Steph. The three new Grigori (or maybe I could say the youngest ones) were just a great addition, especially Spence, who cracked me up. I found it really interesting to see more side of those part-angel beings. I just understood more about them because of that.

If there’s one thing that didn’t change, it’s how amazing Jessica Shirvington’s writing is. It was simply addicting, and beautiful. It was one of those books you just don’t want to put down once you start. I’m already sad to have to wait for the next one. Something nicely different from all those angel-themed books I’ve read in YA lately. Definitely one of my favorite series lately. It’s full of twits and mystery. How could I not fall for it?


2 comments:

  1. The providers took quite a few options plus campaigns so that you can eradicate a imitation hublot replica watches. People tested out all kinds of things so that you can nearby all the way down these providers this manufacture plus construct low-priced repeat deluxe merchandises. At this point of their campaigns found by using minimal being successful. A demand from customers to get repeat, fake gucci is definitely increasing. Many individuals on community who seem to could not spend the money for primary replica rolex are obtaining serious about all these repeat elements that happen to be being sold during low-priced fees. To order your Ticket Heuer Carrera chronograph you no longer for it to cost thousands at this moment, someone can easily discover the replica gucci bags personally 10th with it has the primary amount and also a reduced amount of. You are going to like the variety of several kinds out there to suit your design and style. General cheap louis vuitton handbags became most popular lately as a consequence of online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've rounded up the ultimate list of the best fashion bloggers out there, so you can get amazing fashion inspiration, cheap oakley sunglasses ideas and news in a click. Bookmark this article and keep coming back when you've got five minutes to kill. Trust us, these addictive fashion christian louboutin outlet blogs are the perfect cure to a dragging afternoon. From firm fashion ray ban outlet week fixtures Susie Lau of Style Bubble fame to style queens Leandra Medine and Chiara Ferragni, there's a blog for everyone in our round up of the replica louis vuitton girls rocking the blogosphere. It's safe to say, we're a little obsessed.

    ReplyDelete