Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday: Let The Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly Meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine. It is an opportunity for us to show books we can't wait to get our hands on.

This week, my pick is:

Let the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger
Let the Sky Fall #1
March 2013
Simon Pulse

A broken past and a divided future can’t stop the electric connection of two teens in this “charged and romantic” (Becca Fitzpatrick), lush novel. Seventeen-year-old Vane Weston has no idea how he survived the category five tornado that killed his parents. And he has no idea if the beautiful, dark-haired girl who’s swept through his dreams every night since the storm is real. But he hopes she is.

Seventeen-year-old Audra is a sylph, an air elemental. She walks on the wind, can translate its alluring songs, and can even coax it into a weapon with a simple string of commands. She’s also a guardian—Vane’s guardian—and has sworn an oath to protect Vane at all costs. Even if it means sacrificing her own life.

When a hasty mistake reveals their location to the enemy who murdered both of their families, Audra’s forced to help Vane remember who he is. He has a power to claim—the secret language of the West Wind, which only he can understand. But unlocking his heritage will also unlock the memory Audra needs him to forget. And their greatest danger is not the warriors coming to destroy them—but the forbidden romance that’s grown between them.


I just like the sound of it. Of course, the cover really makes me want to pick up the book, since I find it gorgeous.

29 comments:

  1. I'm excited about this one too-I love the idea of mythology involving sylphs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds lovely! I hope you enjoy it when it comes out :)

    Here is my WoW post. Check it out? ;)

    -Maxine @ Teenage Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am looking forward to this one too! Awesome pick!

    Here's my WoW. It would be great if you could stop by! Also we have a Night Of The Purple Moon giveaway going on! Come along and participate if you like. :)

    Sarika.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely excited for this one, too! Such a cool cover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really looks forward to this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick! :D I can't wait for this one!

    My WoW!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick. I have this one on my to-read list already and I can't wait to read it. I hope you enjoy it when it comes out.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to read this one also! It sounds really good. Thanks for sharing.
    Waiting For Wentworth

    ReplyDelete
  9. The gorgeous is indeed very pretty! This one is on my wish list :)

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gorgeous = the cover.

      I really need to read my comments before I post them so quick :p

      Delete
  10. I hope you enjoy! your pick.

    http://tributebooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/09/waiting-on-wednesday-owlet-by-emma.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been following Shannon's blog for a while, so I can't wait to read her books!

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow. This looks REALLY good! I like the sylph element & Audra being able to 'help Vane remember who he is' bit, I'm super intrigued! I'm off to add it to my Goodreads shelf right away & I'll look for your review when you finally get your hands on it ;) Great post, thanks for sharing.

    New GFC follower :)


    My WoW

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the cover! This one looks so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've seen this one around a lot, especially today. I can't wait to read it.

    Thanks for stopping by My WoW!

    -Kait @ YA Vixens

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have seen this book around a couple of times. I really like the cover and it sounds like it will be really good. Great pick! Thanks for visiting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks interesting! Thanks for stopping by My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahhhh! This sounds amazinng! I love books about people who can control the elements! great pick! New GFC follower.

    Here's my WoW! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. This one sounds fantastic! Thanks for bringing it to my attention. If you get a chance, check out my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so excited for this one! I also can't wait to read Shannon Messenger's MG novel that is coming out next week. Can't wait! I love this cover.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the cover, intesresting blurb. Definitely a must read, IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This one looks awesome. I mean to control the wind sounds amazing. Can't wait to check it out and read it. =] Thanks for sharing and visiting My WoW
    Michael @ The Bookshelf Review

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for your comment on my first WOW. And I love your book choice.
    It sounds like a great book :D

    Mariska

    ReplyDelete
  23. This sounds awesome!! Nice cover too... left me wanting more! Well done!!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sounds like something I would pick. Adding to my TBR. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this cover!!!! This ones sounds really good. I have to put this one my TBR list. Great pick!

    Mary
    Thanks for stopping by my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, this sounds really good. Adding it to my to-read list!

    Thanks again for visiting my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh WOW! that looks amazing! I love the cover and it sounds fantastic! That is def going on my list! thanks for sharing and stopping by my WoW post x

    ReplyDelete