Sunday, October 28, 2012

Review: The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Mara Dyer #2
Release Date: October 23rd, 2012
Number of Pages:527
Publisher: Simon & Schuster BFYR
Source: Bought
Mara Dyer once believed she could run from her past. She can’t. She used to think her problems were all in her head. They aren’t. She couldn’t imagine that after everything she’s been through, the boy she loves would still be keeping secrets. She’s wrong.
In this gripping sequel to The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, the truth evolves and choices prove deadly. What will become of Mara Dyer next?

Okay. Let’s do this.
I. JUST. CAN’T….
*Two hours later * Let’s do this now that I’ve had time to get my emotions in check.
Wow. Seriously Michelle Hodkin, I hate you. And I love you. But I also hate you. This book is seriously a rollercoaster of emotions. I laughed, smiled, giggled, cried, and felt my soul breaks. There is no word to describe everything this book made me feel. It’s just unbelievable. This reminded me why I loved The Unbecoming so much. Wow.  I literally cried when I finished this book. Michelle Hodkin had so many twists in this book, so many things I did not see coming. Yes, there were some I did see coming, and most of them I was screaming at Mara to just SEE them. Seriously, I just love this book. If you plan on starting this book, please schedule a few hours for you to read it, because you simply won’t be able to put it down.

I just adore Mara. She’s broken up with everything that is going on, yet she is still so strong. She’s an impressive character, and you just can’t stop yourself from rooting for her. And then, there’s Noah, the amazing, sexy, and absolutely unbelievably awesome male character. He just makes me weak in the knees every time I read about him. Still, I think we cannot forget about the other characters, like the family. I just adored their presence, and the way they really did want to help Mara get better, even if it sometimes didn’t agree with her. There were just those few scenes here and there that makes smile, especially since you have Mara who has kind of a great family dynamic and you have Noah who hasn’t one. It was just a great little touch, and it something that I really liked. Finally, I can’t forget about Jamie, who’s back! Jamie had those hilarious little scenes (my favorite being the slow-clap one. Just perfect.

This book should really be coming with a warning. You will feel all the things. It will leave you laughing (meaning reading on the subway may result in people looking at you strangely), or simply crying your eyes out (do keep kleenex near). I’m already dying to read the third book (2013 is soooo far away), since there a few things that happen I just refuse to believe really happen. Just heartbreaking.



The Trailer

6 comments:

  1. Yes. Just yes. I have nothing substantial to say except that I agree with everything you've written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my. You know it's a good book when you can't even be coherent right after finishing it and have to try again later! LOL! Now I have ANOTHER book on my TBR list :)
    Sarah Sarah's YA Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the great reviews for book 2 are really making me want to start this series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This review is perfect. My feelings exactly. I don't think I'll be able to wait so long for the third book!
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I. JUST. CAN’T…." YES. That was EXACTLY how I felt for a week before I could start writing a review for this book. Now I'm dying to get my hands on the 3rd book. Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this book! and I agree the second one was a bit confusing but it kept me reading beginning to end. Plus it did end on a cliff-hanger and it was a sad one.

    Zaira Lynn (Cash Advance For Business)

    ReplyDelete