Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Review: The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa


The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa
The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten #1
Release Date: October 23rd, 2012
Number of Pages: 379
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Source: eARC from NetGalley
Don’t look at Them. Never let Them know you can see Them. 
 That is Ethan Chase’s unbreakable rule. Until the fey he avoids at all costs—including his reputation—begin to disappear, and Ethan is attacked. Now he must change the rules to protect his family. To save a girl he never thought he’d dare to fall for.  
Ethan thought he had protected himself from his older sister’s world—the land of Faery. His previous time in the Iron Realm left him with nothing but fear and disgust for the world Meghan Chase has made her home, a land of myth and talking cats, of magic and seductive enemies. But when destiny comes for Ethan, there is no escape from a danger long, long forgotten.  
This novel is one of Julie’s books that will have you demanding for the second one as soon as you finish your read.
There is so much excitement in sinking back into a world you loved, and the Nevernever and the Julie Kagawa’s is one of those. The Iron Fey series was so addicting, and fans will be happy to fall back into it with Ethan. Wow. So much time seems to have pass since we have last seen him. He isn’t a child anymore that’s for sure. The Lost Prince really made me extremely happy, and made me smile constantly (well, except when I was laughing out loud, something I did way too often.

In The Lost Prince, we meet new characters, and we have some exciting appearance of known characters. One character I was so happy to see again was Grimalkin. I absolutely adore him. He makes me laugh so badly, simply by being him. Then, we see Ash, Puck, Meghan, and many more. I was happy to see them again, but I was even more excited to see them only once in a while. They don’t take too much importance; this book is really about Ethan Chase and his friends.

Now, Ethan Chase isn’t what I would have expected at first, but his changes are easy to understand. He has the Sight after all, and he has to hide from the Feys. I like that he was really different from Meghan, without being complete opposite. There are some familiar qualities in him, but he’s not her. Now, Ethan isn’t on his own in Nevernever. There’s Kenzie, who will remind you of a certain other girl we may have met in the Iron Fey series. One thing’s for sure, there’s a great relationship building between her and Ethan. That’s something I like (And no love triangle. Do I need to say it again? NO LOVE TRIANGLE!) The last character I really want to talk about is Keirran, that some of you may remember from The Iron Knight. I won’t say much if you still haven’t read Iron Knight, but I think I squealed when I read his name. So happy to see him again, and he is just as I would have imagined.

Now, Julie Kagawa’s never failed to impress. This book is far from disappointed, and will please the fans of the Iron Fey series. Even those who haven’t read the series can start it with The Lost Prince; you won’t be lost, but you’ll know how the series end. If you love Julie Kagawa’s book, just read it. It’s more than worth it!

5 comments:

  1. What I find amazing is how so many reviewers have commented on how Ethan is nothing like expected but how his changes are understandable. AND YES, I know! I was so happy there wasn't a love triangle! And I'm definitely looking forward to finding out more about Kierran :). Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was so happy to see Kierran appear, since we saw so little of him in Iron Knight. Excited for the next book!

      Delete
  2. I really need to start reading Julie Kagawa's books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading all the dynamics of Puck in the books, and I think his loyalty is something that really comes across...which did end up getting him in trouble some times. Gotta love puck! :)

    Great post!

    Marlene Detierro (Air Ambulance)

    ReplyDelete