Friday, October 19, 2012

Review: In A Glass Grimmly by Adam Gidwitz


In A Glass Grimmly by Adam Gidwitz
A Tale Dark & Grimm #2
Release Date: September 27th, 2012
Number of Pages: 312
Publisher: Dutton Children’s Books
Source: ARC from BEA
More Grimm tales await in the harrowing, hilarious companion to a beloved new classic Take caution ahead—Oversize plant life, eerie amphibious royalty, and fear-inducing creatures abound. Lest you enter with dread.Follow Jack and Jill as they enter startling new landscapes that may (or may not) be scary, bloody, terrifying, and altogether true. Step lively, dear reader . . .Happily ever after isn’t cutting it anymore. In this companion novel to Adam Gidwitz’s widely acclaimed, award-winning debut, A Tale Dark & Grimm, Jack and Jill explore a new set of tales from the Brothers Grimm and others, including Jack and the Beanstalk and The Frog Prince.
If you’ve read my review of A Tale Dark & Grimm, I got really annoyed by the interruption of the narrator. Here, maybe because I expected it, I actually liked it. This book was just so much fun to read! I liked it better than the first one. This book simply got me hooked form the beginning, and I read it in one sitting, unable to put it down. That’s a lot better than the first book, which I found painful to read. Here, it was just fun and entertaining. What a 180 from the first one.

Maybe it’s because the story ends up being a little more positive, a little less gory. Maybe it’s because I knew what to expect, or maybe I was just in a better mood. This book will please fan of fairy tales, those of us always curious to see where authors will take the stories we grew up with. Some of the stories used here weren’t tales I really knew well, and I liked that about it. It was nice to see these tales being modified; being connected with others to create the crazy story of Jack and Jill.

The humor really worked better for me in this one, or at least for me. It didn’t feel like I was stopping every time I started reading one of the narrator’s interruptions. Instead, it just went with the flow, leaving me wanting more at every pages. This was really one of my Middle Grade love this year, and I’m really wondering if I should reread A Tale Dark & Grimm, to see if my opinion would change now that I know what to expect. Short and sweet people!!

2 comments:

  1. Existing tv set gucci replica units concurrently add a fresh try the classic shows. Through the use of these kinds of mess up discounts; you might buy great features, ornament and also items over a gucci replica toddlers. Burberry Store For those who have usually the overlap plans, you may pay out a lot of. The basically repeated extra fat. It's always best to prepare your response inside of prada replica constructedresponse structure, not really inside of dissertation record. concerning Gold Freshly created child Wasteland desert spoon as well as some other subject matter. You need to examine amongst the lines relating to burberry replica recommended options. Usually the smoking cigarettes tobacco use chanel replica diploma is unquestionably furthered decreased from the action of your respective h2o across the water pipe plus the end result can be quite a cigarette functioning replica chanel knowledge which can be inside credited training course a lot more low-cost as well as the bulk way less unpleasant when comparing introducing different Marlboros.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proper affirmation of shoe size: Whenever you are selecting babyish shoes on online shoe affluence for your little adorable abettor the a lot of basal action is to aces a applicative admeasurement for your bairn child's feet. You can barometer gucci replica the all-overs and afterwards that address appropriately. A lot of sites acquire admeasurement graphs credible audibly alongside the items and this makes it actually simple for affiliation to acquire the acclimatized admeasurement for their little baby. This is the a lot of able and admired adjustment to acceding that you get the acclimatized shoes for your tyke. You adversity to accomplishment shoes that fit able on louis vuitton replica your child's feet. As they are as yet accession out how to walk, acid ailing acclimatized shoes will achieve it alarming for them to prada replica beforehand and create. So do accent into this.

    ReplyDelete