Monday, October 15, 2012

Review: Stealing Parker by Miranda Kenneally


Stealing Parker by Miranda Kenneally
Release Date: October 1st, 2012
Number of Pages: 245
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Source: ARC from Raincoast Books
Red-hot author Miranda Kenneally hits one out of the park in this return to Catching Jordan's Hundred Oaks High. After her family's scandal rocks their conservative small town, 17-year-old Parker Shelton goes overboard trying to prove that she won't turn out like her mother: a lesbian. The all-star third-baseman quits the softball team, drops 20 pounds and starts making out with guys--a lot. But hitting on the hot new assistant baseball coach might be taking it a step too far...especially when he starts flirting back.
This is the kind of review I dread writing. Not because the book was horrible, that I can manage, no problem. Stealing Parker was a novel I had so much hope for, since everyone seem to love it. Yet, I couldn’t help being disappointed with it. Maybe it was because everyone and loved it and I hoped to loved it too? Maybe it just wasn’t the right book for me. There just was something that really me stopped me from loving it.

I think there were many factors that stopped me from really getting into the novel, and some of them I think I could have predicted. Baseball (or softball) isn’t really something that interest me (I’m more of a hockey fan.) Then there’s the Christian aspect that isn’t usually something that I really enjoy. Those two things separately, I usually can enjoy just fine in a book. Both of them together didn’t help me get into the story.

Now, those weren’t the only things that left me a little disappointed. I just didn’t like Parker. For the first half, she either bored me, or made me want to rip my hair off in annoyance. In the end, I liked her a little more, since she did seem to learn from her mistake. Then, there’s Brian that I just wanted to punch, since he seriously annoyed the bleep out of me. That’s the thing: most characters ended up annoying me at least once, and seriously annoying me! The only one I liked from his first appearance to his last was Will. He was the only one I thought was interesting, the only one I really found interesting.

I have to say that Stealing Parked just wasn’t for me. I had high hope for this book, since everyone had been raving about this book. Some will like it, and if you’re looking for a positive review, you won’t have to look really far since most bloggers loved it.

1 comment:

  1. For the hottest German Design, there are a little something related to companies prada outlet with designer's attire for instance Ron Lauren, Reckon, Cavallaro, A Aesthetik, Armani Return, plus Burberry. Them gucci replica sale noises not much of a German designer's attire companies but it surely dwells to the design German layouts as well. Certainly, all these prada outlet will be Usa companies nonetheless implementingwithin design some alternative German locations, all these couple designer's attire will be face the fresh plus hottest fashions with German some element of German locations. All these designer's attire will be depicts quite a few German customs design this dwells for hermes outlet the fresh flavour with fashions with German people today. It has the a sway with trendy-friendly spiral with design globally. German design globally plus unknown fashions on German locations. All these is going to enhance a different compositions with innovative design and style plus innovative layouts around community fake hermes handbags with design which will varieties a blend of German design plus Unknown fashions.

    ReplyDelete