Thursday, October 18, 2012

Review: Hidden by Sophie Jordan


Hidden by Sophie Jordan
Fireflight #3
Release Date: September 11th, 2012
Number of Pages: 272
Publisher: HarperTeen
Source: Bought
Jacinda was supposed to bond with Cassian, the "prince" of their pride. But she resisted long before she fell in love with Will—a human and, worse, a hunter. When she ran away with Will, it ended in disaster, with Cassian's sister, Miram, captured. Weighed down by guilt, Jacinda knows she must rescue her to set things right. Yet to do so she will have to venture deep into the heart of enemy territory. The only way Jacinda can reach Miram is by posing as a prisoner herself, though once she assumes that disguise, things quickly spiral out of her control. As she learns more about her captors, she realizes that even if Will and Cassian can carry out their part of the plan, there's no guarantee they'll all make it out alive. But what Jacinda never could have foreseen is that escaping would be only the beginning.... Loyalties are tested and sacrifices made in the explosive conclusion to Sophie Jordan's Firelight trilogy.
Finishing a series can be either extremely disappointing, or satisfying. Once I was done with the entire book, I was happy with the way everything ended, mostly because we get closure with the characters. They all get some kind of ending on their own, knowing that their story line in the novel is done, but we are left we hope for their future. That’s the kind of ending I like, and this is what we got.  I do have to say that I wasn’t completely happy with most of the book. There are some things that did annoy me through the novels, thing I had hoped would have been resolved from the previous books.

My biggest problem was with the characters. Jacinda wasn’t my favorite character in the books, mostly because I got more with the way she treated both Will and Cassian. I know it isn’t really a love triangle because we clearly know whom she loves (we’ve known all along in my opinion), but I just got annoyed at the way she treated them. There’s just something that really make her seem so immature, since she can’t seem to really make her mind about what she really wants. Maybe it’s only me, maybe it’s only because of my timing when it comes to reading the novel, but I just got bored at listening to her never making her mind about her choices. The character I really wanted to see more of is Tamra. I can’t really explain why, maybe it’s because her story isn’t so much focused on her love life, as Jacinda seemed to be in the entire story. Maybe I just needed change.

The plot didn’t really catch my attention. It wasn’t the most interesting plot Jordan could have come up with. I felt like things ended up being too easy for the characters. The books was less than 300 pages, she could have made it a little complicated and longer. I just felt disappointed in that.

Maybe I’m a little harsh; maybe I’m being difficult. I simply was expecting a little more of the book. At least, the ending DID satisfy me, leaving me with the closure necessary for the end of series.

2 comments:

  1. I was happy with the ultimate end especially because I'm such a big fan of Will but I think I would have liked to know more about Tamra as well-maybe she's as indecisive as Jacinda but we'll never know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Als aftrap van deze replica horloges nederland Rolex Submariner video review, laat ik alleen zeggen dat dit Rolex Submariner horloge is een waar genot twee afgezwakt met een mooie aanvulling van goud en chroom replica horloges breitling. Het is een vrij recht toe recht aan te kijken omdat het niet-sub-wijzerplaten of chronografen. De wijzerplaat is een mooie diepe zwarte omlijsting en dus is de replica horloges omega qui heeft gouden cijfers op het gezicht Vertegenwoordigen van de minuten in stappen van 10 doel is er een kleine metalen uitsteeksel op de 12-uurs positie. Het uur markeringen zijn niet getallen doel cirkels of rechthoeken en een driehoek tot 's middags te markeren. De replica horloges rolex tweede, minuut en uur handen zijn allemaal goud met witte inzetstukken.

    ReplyDelete