Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Review: Clarity

Title: Clarity
Author: Kim Harrington
Release Date: March 1st, 2011
Series: Clarity #1
Number of Pages: 242
Publisher: Scholastic Point
Source: Won
When you can see things others can't, where do you look for the truth?
This paranormal murder mystery will have teens reading on the edge of their seats.
Clarity "Clare" Fern sees things. Things no one else can see. Things like stolen kisses and long-buried secrets. All she has to do is touch a certain object, and the visions come to her. It's a gift.
And a curse.
When a teenage girl is found murdered, Clare's ex-boyfriend wants her to help solve the case - but Clare is still furious at the cheating jerk. Then Clare's brother - who has supernatural gifts of his own - becomes the prime suspect, and Clare can no longer look away. Teaming up with Gabriel, the smoldering son of the new detective, Clare must venture into the depths of fear, revenge, and lust in order to track the killer. But will her sight fail her just when she needs it most?
This book wasn’t really what I was expecting. There was mystery in this book, that’s for sure. The plot really kept me on my toes, because everytime I thought I knew how the killer was, the author threw me a new curve ball making me believe it was someone else. I really only found out when Clarity found out herself. That was just amazing to me. I could hardly put this book down because of it. How could I stop reading when I still hadn’t found out who was the killer? It was simply great! The ending was great, because it was surprising. The other thing that really surprised me in this book was that it was mostly about the murder mystery. I thought that there would be more with her gift and of the impact of it on her life. Yet, it was more about resolving the case with the help of it.

Clarity was great at trying to find out who the murderer was, but I felt like she liked social skill. I didn’t really believe that she didn’t have friends only because of her gift. After all, Perry had friends and he also had a gift. Justin and Gabriel weren’t the most amazing male characters, but they worked well with Clarity. I didn’t really understand why Justin couldn’t really move on after Clarity dumped him for sleeping with Tiffany, but that’s just me. Gabriel was nice, but I didn’t really understand the attraction between those two…. Maybe that’s just me.

I have to say that Clarity really surprised me in a good way. I really enjoyed it and I hardly can wait for the sequel Persuasion to come out. Great debut from an author I will definitely follow!

3 comments:

  1. For me, I thought Justin's situation kind of sounded like rape (as in he was too drunk to consent while Tiffany knew exactly what was happening) and that obviously he would still want to be with Clare.

    I also don't know why Perry has friends but she doesn't although she kind of seems to enjoy feeling sorry for herself so there's that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! Terrific!
    Great post! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Georgina's Tresses Extension cords Retail store is not just a well established people tresses dealer but some sort of just one halt buy for many tresses in addition to magnificence desires. brazilian hair This products and services they furnish incorporates; Remi Tresses Extension cords, Attach with Tresses Extension cords, brazilian hair uk Micro Happens to be, Pre Bonded Points, Tresses Extension cords Lessons, Shoelace Entry Wigs, Afro Tresses Health care, in addition to Brazilian Knock back Dried. brazilian hair Georgina's 100% PEOPLE TRESSES Shoelace Wigs usually are on the best and are also nearly undetectable. Not a soul although one among the gurus can certainly previously say to this change. The wide variety of shoelace wigs at the moment are available on Amazon online.

    ReplyDelete