Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Review: Soulbound by Heather Brewer

Soulbound by Heather Brewer
Legacy of Tril #1
Release Date: June 19th, 2012
Number of Pages: 304
Publisher: Dial
Source: Razorbill Canada
What’s worse than being blackmailed to attend a hidden school where you’re treated like a second-class citizen? How about nearly getting eaten by a monster when you arrive? Or learning that your soulmate was killed in a centuries-old secret war? And then there’s the evil king who’s determined to rule the world unless you can stop him... Meet Kaya, a young woman with the power to heal and the determination to fight. But struggle as she will, she remains tied to three very different men: a hero who has forsaken glory, a tyrannical ruler who wants to use Kaya, and a warrior who’s stolen her heart. Kaya learns the hard way that some ties can’t be broken... and blood is the strongest bond of all.
I was pretty excited to see this book show up in my mailbox a few weeks ago. I mean, it sounded like something so addicting, I just couldn’t resist. When life finally gave me enough time to read, I started it. I thought, “Why not start this book and read for about an hour before going to bed.” Well, that was a horrible idea. Seriously. Soulbound was simply too addicted to be started an hour before going to bed! It was clear I wouldn’t be able to go to bed until I was done reading it. I was so caught up in the story; I literally bruised myself over this book (reading while walking in a really small apartment where there is way too much stuff? BAD IDEA!).

This book was simply perfect for the mood I was in (I’m not saying it was completely perfect, nothing ever is). I needed some action, and this book has some, and some romance (yes there is kind of a love triangle starting in this, which will probably more present in the next book, but seriously, it wasn’t the most important thing in the book).

I really liked the idea of Barron and Healer, even though I thought the rule that Healer can’t fight was stupid. I think that’s why I really liked Kaya. She was willing to go against the rules to do what she thought was right. It’s also one of the numerous reasons I really liked Darius, and didn’t like Trayton that much. I mean, Darius was just so badass, and such an interesting character (considering that there are so much mystery surrounding him), where Trayton was too much of a rule following kind of guy. There was not that many things that were exciting about Trayton.

Of course, I can’t forget that epic ending that made me literally scream! I was a little mad over the ending, simply because I WANT TO KNOW WHAT WILL COME NEXT NOW!! There are so many answers I’m still waiting to find, and I hope they will be answered in the next book. Some more explanations about certain details would have made the book even better, but I’ll wait to see if they are answered in the rest of the series.

Overall, I really enjoyed this novel, form the first page to the last. There was something so addicting about it, and something so captivating about the world Heather Brewer created. I’m already dying to real Soulbroken (and I have to say, the title is slightly scaring me). Definitely worth reading!

1 comment:

  1. The application can offer an important start looking that your choice of lover might normally encourage. Gucci solar shades designed for fellas can be designed through hublot replica uk items and even sewing. Many are just the appropriate label of contemporary solar shades that are available at present. That gucci brandnames in audemars piguet replica have access to a lustrous and even stylish appearance. Gucci monogram reproduced systems will be able to remain glimpsed with the assortment of Gucci solar shades at present. Gucci's popular eyewear can be having fun in ones own achieving success always at present. It will be worthwhile for getting solar shades which may each of those correct ones own figure volume along with make it easier to start looking contemporary. There's an era once solar shades was would once really take care of ones own eye lids belonging to the rolex replica sun though at the moment they are really implemented not only for designed for coverage however has grown a necessary component to designer universe. Bomber coat delivers the opinion related to interest and even integrity, folks who you should not implement fake rolex are likely to be that number or a sufferer.

    ReplyDelete