Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday: HarperTeen Edition

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly Meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine. It is an opportunity for us to show books we can't wait to get our hands on.

So, I wanted to do a HarperTeen edition this week, because there is simply too many of there books I'm waiting for. I have to say, it was really hard to only choose three to be in this post. Here they are:

Starling by Lesley Livingston
Coming Out:  August 28th, 2012

"Love is just the beginning... of the end."

Mason Starling is a champion fencer for Gosforth Academy, but she’s never had to fight for her life. Until now. When a ferocious storm rips through Manhattan and unleashes terrifying creatures onto Gosforth’s campus, Mason barely escapes alive. Without help from the mysterious stranger who appeared in the midst of the storm, she might not have made it at all. But now, in the aftermath, Mason’s life begins to spin dramatically, mystically out of control, and the only one who seems able to help her is the stranger who can remember nothing but his name: Fennrys Wolf.

As Mason and Fenn uncover more about Fenn’s past and the strange events that surround them, they realize that Mason’s family — and its dark allegiance to the ancient Norse gods — is at the center of everything. A predetermined fate seems to be closing in on Mason, but is it possible to change one’s destiny?

Readers who fell in love with Lesley Livingston’s Wondrous Strange trilogy and those who love Cassandra Clare’s Mortal Instruments series will be captivated by the sweeping romance and pulse-pounding action of Starling.

Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
Coming Out: February 15th, 2013

Sooo Far. I mean, it's easy to understand why I'm dying to get my hands on this book. I absolutely LOVED Shatter Me, and I can't wait to know what will happen next to Juliette and company.











Taken by Erin Bowman
Coming Out:  April 16th, 2013

There are no men in Claysoot. There are boys—but every one of them vanishes at midnight on his eighteenth birthday. The ground shakes, the wind howls, a blinding light descends...and he’s gone.

They call it the Heist.

Gray Weathersby’s eighteenth birthday is mere months away, and he’s prepared to meet his fate–until he finds a strange note from his mother and starts to question everything he’s been raised to accept: the Council leaders and their obvious secrets. The Heist itself. And what lies beyond the Wall that surrounds Claysoot–a structure that no one can cross and survive.

Climbing the Wall is suicide, but what comes after the Heist could be worse. Should he sit back and wait to be taken–or risk everything on the hope of the other side?

So, I've already said why I'm waiting for Unravel Me, but I haven't said why I'm waiting for Starling and Taken. Starling, it's simple, sounds amazing. Of course, the fact that the author is Canadian is always a bonus (*proud Canadian*). It just sounds like the kind of book I won't be able to put down once I start. Taken caught my attention from the beginning. I mean, look at this premise! How can you not want to know what is going on!

19 comments:

  1. I'm really excited about Starling-I feel like I've been seeing the cover for a while but now I know when it's releasing! I loved the Wondrous Strange trilogy and can't wait to see what else Livingston has up her sleeve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't read any of her other books (Shame on me)! They do sound amazing.

      Delete
  2. I am absolutely dying to read Starling and Unravel Me!!!!

    Great choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read Unravel Me! I was lucky enough to pick up a copy at ALA and it's definitely one of my must reads! Great picks this week :) Check out my WOW:

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of these look so good, and I'm in love with Taken's cover:)

    Here's my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yayyyyy :D I Have Starling LOWL! I'm so excited to read it!!! It looks AMAZING!!! And a friend of mine got me a copy of Unravel Me at ALA so I'm excited to read that one :D Hope you get your hands on these soon!!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So jealous. I wish I could get my hands on any of those. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. All are awesome picks. They're all on my TBR! I'm really excited for Unravel Me after reading Shatter Me.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Starling seems like it will be good. I'm a new follower of yours.

    Here is mine: http://fiktishuhs.blogspot.com/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome books by the sounds. I have to say that the cover for Unravel me is freaking amazing!! I LOVE it!! All these books are on my TBR list, I'm loving Harperteen at the moment for books. I never thought about having more than 1 book in a WoW.

    Here is My WoW feel free to check it out if you like :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. oops sorry that was last weeks WoW

    My WoW <~correct 1 x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picks...these all look amazing! :D Thanks for sharing & for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These books do sound interesting!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2200

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! all of these look wonderful :D Great choices! I'm especially excited about Taken! Thanks for stopping by my WOW!

    New Follower!

    Kayla @ Bengal Reads

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great picks! Out of those 3, I'm most excited for Taken. Can't wait until it comes out :)

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW. Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Starling is a book I definitely want to read. I've only read one book by Lesley Livingston but I really loved it.

    ReplyDelete