Monday, July 23, 2012

Review: Storm by Brigid Kemmerer


Storm by Brigid Kemmerer
Series: Elemental #1
Release Date: April 24th, 2012
Number of Pages: 353
Publisher: Kensington
Source: Bought
Becca Chandler is suddenly getting all the guys - all the ones she doesn't want. Ever since her ex-boyfriend spread those lies about her. Then she saves Chris Merrick from a beating in the school parking lot. Chris is different. Way different: he can control water just like his brothers can control fire, wind, and earth. They're powerful. Dangerous. Marked for death. And now that she knows the truth, so is Becca. Secrets are hard to keep when your life's at stake. When Hunter, the mysterious new kid around school, turns up with a talent for being in the wrong place at the right time, Becca thinks she can trust him. But then Hunter goes head-to-head with Chris, and Becca wonders who's hiding the most dangerous truth of all. The storm is coming.
Wow. I read this book in only one sitting, finishing it at 4 am. Didn’t matter I was working the next day and had to get up early. With only a few pages read, I knew I wouldn’t be able to put it down until I had read the entire book. I really like the elemental concept. It was quite interesting, and the fact that the elementals were four hot guys surely helped. This book really gives you everything a book should give you. It gives you secrets and backstabbing. It makes you laugh, it makes you smile, and it makes you sad. I was really expressive while reading this book (a really good sign), and I’m quite lucky to be living on my own, or people would have thought me crazy.

Now, the characters will charm the socks off your feet. I mean, we get five hot girl and a really kick-ass girl. We have Michael, the brooding older brother who seems to have the world on his shoulder. We have Gabriel, the hot bad boy that knows how hot he is. We have Nick, Gabriel’s toned down twin brother, the intelligent guy. We have the last brother, Chris, who really charmed me from the beginning. I was dying every time Becca was spending time with Hunter instead of him. The last guy, Hunter, was probably my least favorite of the five, since he was clearly hiding too many things. It can be cute, but it can also be annoying. I do have to give him props for his dog (I’m a dog lover.) I want him! Finally, Becca, caught in the middle of the elemental drama, in the middle of the boy drama. I actually quite liked her. I like the way she interacted with every other character, because it simply made her such a complete character. I love seeing who someone is through his or her actions, and here I got that. Loved it.

I have to say, Brigid Kemmerer really got me hooked. I have to say; I was a little disappointed that book two isn’t about Chris once again (can’t blame me for liking him, right). Still, I can’t wait to read her next book, since her writing is simply addicting. Can’t wait to discover more about Gabriel, and the elemental world.

3 comments:

  1. great review....i definitely need to read this book now...i definitely can't wait any longer

    Le' Grande Codex

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH! It was one of my favorite books of 2012. Brigid Kemmerer an amazing author! I honestly didn't know what to expect when I started this book, but I was so surprised with what I got. Her writing style, the character development, the characters' relationships, the plot... everything was just so well done.

    Irene SPF 50 Swim Shirt

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these essential destinations really are Niihau, Kauai, Oahu, Molokai, Lanai, Kahoolawe, Boasts, and additionally Hi. All the remote island Hi certainly is the largest sized, is many times generally known as all the "Big Island" or possibly "Big Isle". This approach way formulated Hawaii's recognized schokohäutige brazilian hair sale seashores and therefore the high dirty that arises the hawaiian islands rich crops. All the situation about Hi is normally additional why all of these destinations stay on quite popular vacation destination. The elements is normally a great deal more small when compared to average hawaii's warm spaces a result of the cpu cooling results for the nearby ocean. For layman's words and phrases, which indicate that climate and additionally moisture will be a lot less significant when compared to venues much like the Carribbean or possibly South america. On the travellers superior winter, the summer time, all the superior climate arriving at top of the 80s °F, scarcely commencing all the 90s°F. Usually in the travellers poor winter about wintry, climate inside the least degree of lift usual on the mid-60s. Additional justification which usually brazilian hair uk is normally wanted is because hurricanes are really a unheard of frequency as opposed to South america and therefore the Caribbean.Compared to other tropical paradises, Hawaii is monitored by American safety and health regulations. Yes, it's ok to drink the tap water!

    ReplyDelete