Saturday, August 13, 2011

Review: Forever


Title: Forever
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Series: The Wolves of Mercy Falls #3
Release Date: July 12th, 2011
Number of Pages: 390
Publisher: Scholastic
Source: Bought
The thrilling conclusion to #1 bestselling Shiver trilogy from Maggie Stievater
In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. In Linger, they fought to be together. Now, in Forever, the stakes are even higher than before. Wolves are being hunted. Lives are being threatened. And love is harder and harder to hold on to as death comes closing in.
I wasn’t really that excited about this book when I first picked it up. There’s a simple reason to that: I didn’t enjoy Linger. The multiple points of view in the last one really got on my nerves. I felt that 4 were too much. There’s even more in this one, yet, it didn’t annoy me that much.

The story was better than Linger. I felt like I was more intrigued by the mystery around what would happen. It made a perfect ending to this series, because it made me like it as much as I had liked Shiver.

I liked Sam and Grace’s romance; at I wish we could have seen more of what was going on between Cole and Isabelle. I wanted them to be happy together, even if it wasn’t an easy task for both of them. It felt more real to me than the perfect love between Sam and Grace, where they fell so easily for each other.

Maggie Stiefvater is a captivating writer. Yes, I don’t like every choice she made for this series (read here: Point of View…) but I like how real it felt, and how easily I could imagine the story coming to life. I had no trouble seeing what was going on, feeling what they were feeling… I love it when an author can do that, and it is one of the reasons I had to give this series a second chance, even if I had been disappointed before. This time, I wasn’t let down.

If you liked Shiver, you should give this one a chance. Even if you didn’t really liked Linger. The ending was beautifully, in my opinion.

3 comments:

  1. Great review! I hated the end of Linger but this book really redeemed the series for me. Glad you enjoyed it

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read this. I didn't mind the extra POVs in Linger as I really liked Isabel and Cole. Glad Forever is a fitting end to a series I've loved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some sort of wrist watch is usually a sheet of technological know-how that is certainly popular to a lot persons. fake louis vuitton bags There're beloved by means of one and all – adult males, women of all ages or maybe young children, fresh or maybe older. Many use it to its essential efficiency to help account for time period so that you can finish off each of their significant chores in addition to thought out things to do on time. louis vuitton replica sale Some others uncover higher than a sensible overall appeal in them. rolex replica It truly is a equipment they can remember to help have on often a great day out having good friends or even almost any exclusive functions. fake louis vuitton bags Titan Companies is usually an umbrella connected with unique models that contain a variety of number of wristwatches of which provide this richness in addition to exclusivity which is available from these individuals. fake cartier From the continual battle connected with releasing completely new in addition to beautiful forms of custom made wristwatches by means of nation's in addition to overseas models, Titan has produced a niche intended for per se from the Native american current market.

    ReplyDelete