Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Review: Rage


Title: Rage
Author: Jackie Morse Kessler
Release Date: March 15th, 2011
Series: The Horseman of the Apocalypse: The Rider's Quartet #2
Number of Pages: 213
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Source: Bought
Missy didn’t mean to cut so deep. But after the party where she was humiliated in front of practically everyone in school, who could blame her for wanting some comfort? Sure, most people don’t find comfort in the touch of a razor blade, but Missy always was . . . different.
That’s why she was chosen to become one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse: War. Now Missy wields a new kind of blade—a big, brutal sword that can cut down anyone and anything in her path. But it’s with this weapon in her hand that Missy learns something that could help her triumph over her own pain: control.
A unique approach to the topic of self-mutilation,Rageis the story of a young woman who discovers her own power and refuses to be defeated by the world.
I bought both Hunger and Rage at the same time. I didn’t enjoy Hunger that much, and I started Rage unsure what to expect. I ended up enjoying Rage a lot more than Hunger. I could connect more with her feeling than I did in Hunger. It’s probably because I can easily remember high school and how cruel teenager can be. Even though I’ve never been a cutter myself, I could relate to her rage against those who are constantly making her life living hell. I could understand why she was acting the way she was, where it was coming from.

The story pace was faster than Hunger, which made it a lot more exciting for me. I enjoy reading about the characters, especially Death. I didn’t like that much the War character itself, but I like the way Missy ended up reacting to it. I found it fascinating to read her struggle with this new part of her. Death was simply perfectly fun to follow again. I wish we could get a book only about him. It would so much more interesting for me!

This short book is packed with a lot of emotions and a powerful message. I wish it could have been even longer, because I enjoyed it. A really great and powerful story, even if it is a little short.

4 comments:

  1. Great review, I loved Death as well! He's an awesome character

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been debating on whether or not to start this series!!! Everyone seems to really like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds intense!

    Check out our AWESOME giveaways!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The added breitling replica to accompany the Heritage accumulating is the Bamford Heritage Bicolor Paul Newman Daytona, and it’s a avant-garde yield on the best Paul Newman replica watches Daytona. While the Bamford Heritage Bicolor Paul Newman Daytona retains the Paul Newman’s signature subdials with characteristic markers, it adds gold hands, crown, pushers, and centermost links on rolex replica the armlet for a actual adventurous and, I think, actual air-conditioned look.

    ReplyDelete