Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Review: Wolfsbane

Title: Wolfsbane
Author: Andrea Cremer
Release Date: July 26th, 2011
Series: Nightshade #2
Number of Pages: 390
Publisher: Philomel
Source: Bought
When Calla Tor wakes up in the lair of the Searchers, her sworn enemies, she’s certain her days are numbered. But then the Searchers make her an offer—one that gives her the chance to destroy her former masters and save the pack—and the man—she left behind. Is Ren worth the price of her freedom? And will Shay stand by her side no matter what? Now in control of her own destiny, Calla must decide which battles are worth fighting and how many trials true love can endure and still survive.
Finally! The sequel of one of the book that stole me some really precious hours of sleep. As much as I really enjoyed this book, believe me I did, I didn’t love it as much as Nightshade. I just missed the strong Calla in this book. She seems to be falling apart, which is understandable. After all, everything she believed in is a lie, and her heart is torn between to guys.

The world is probably what made me fall in love with this book. It is so captivating and interesting. I love how we learn more about the history of the Guardians, Keepers and Searchers in this book. So many things were made cleared through all the information Calla learns.

With all the new characters being introduced in this book, I found myself really liking the new ones and less the old ones. I was disappointed in some of them, which made ma want to punch them (I’m slightly violent in my head with characters, but never in real life.) There were some death, which made me sad even thought it may not have been the death of a major character. The other thing that got on my nerves in this book was the love triangle, simply because I now prefer Ren, and I wish I could have seen him more. Even is Shay is not as bad as in the first with Calla, there just something annoying me in his personality. He is too much of a goody-two-shoes.

I still really adore this series. Wolfsbane wasn’t as good as Nightshade, but it is rare that a sequel in a trilogy is the best of the series. I have to say that I simply can’t wait for Bloodrose, the third book in the Nightshade series!

4 comments:

  1. Oh thank god this one is as disappointing as I thought it might be! ... I am currently finishing up Nightshade and as you said it is taking sleep away from me as well!! I am totally addicted to it! And usually how it goes is the first one is amazing, the second just annoys me and the third one is amazing as well. But at least it doesn't sound like SUCH a disappointment from your review.

    I must admit I am a total Ren fan from the very beginning, and I totally agree that Shay is too much a goodie-too-shoes, even though in the first book he is tempting Calla left right and center! lol. I am much more excited now about Wolfsbane than I was before. Even though it wasn't what you thought it was going to be it didn't fail epically it sounds like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THanks for the review. I am to read this book soon as well. I hope I like it as much as I like nightshade though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're not too disappointed! The thing that you won't probably like in this one, if you're a Ren fan, is that he is not there enough! We Want More Ren! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though their pain is not her fault, she believes it is and the two boys will have to face it. While I had an emotional time reading this book, that only means that I am very attached to the characters. They affect me and I struggle to watch them go through such pain. Andrea did a fabulous job developing these characters.

    ReplyDelete