Monday, August 29, 2011

Review: Paper Town

Title: Paper Town
Author: John Green
Series: None
Release Date: October 16th, 2008
Number Of Pages: 305
Publisher: Speak
Source: Bought
Quentin Jacobsen has spent a lifetime loving the magnificently adventurous Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. So when she cracks open a window and climbs back into his life--dressed like a ninja and summoning him for an ingenious campaign of revenge--he follows.
After their all-nighter ends and a new day breaks, Q arrives at school to discover that Margo, always an enigma, has now become a mystery. But Q soon learns that there are clues--and they're for him. Urged down a disconnected path, the closer he gets, the less Q sees of the girl he thought he knew.
Printz medalist John Green returns with the brilliant wit and searing emotional honesty that have inspired a new generation of readers.
First, I have to start this review by saying that I have only read Looking for Alaska, and that I’ve liked it. Not loved it, liked it.

Again, this book is more centered on the personal journey of the main character, even though have a lot of actions, and this book is probably not for you. Paper Town was more captivating for me than Looking For Alaska, simply because I was really curious to know where she was. I wanted to understand her.

Margo is not the kind of character I usually like, simply because I can’t recognize myself in any parts of her. Yes, she seems like a fun character, but I couldn’t connect with her in anyway, which is something I like in female character. I don’t connect easily with male character most of the time, yet I found myself understand Quentin a whole lot better than Margo, and really enjoying following him around has he try to solve the Margo mystery.

There are so many things in this book that I wouldn’t usually enjoy. This isn’t my favorite kind o book. Yet, John Green has made me fall with love with his writing and characters, even the one I can’t seem to understand, nor connect with. I’m already wishing for An Abundance of Katherines, and of course, The Fault in Our Stars.

If you like John Green, you’ll like this book. If you haven’t read any of his book, you should definitely read one, because there is something that is simply addicting in his writing.

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I just read this book not to long ago and completely agree with you on it!


    Tia @ Falling For Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't read any John Green novels but when I do it'll be Paper Towns!

    ReplyDelete