Monday, August 08, 2011

Review: Supernaturally


Title: Supernaturally
Author: Kiersten White
Series: Paranormalcy #2
Release Date: July 26th
Number of Pages: 336
Publisher: HarperTeen
Source: Bought
Evie finally has the normal life she’s always longed for. But she’s shocked to discover that being ordinary can be . . . kind of boring. Just when Evie starts to long for her days at the International Paranormal Containment Agency, she’s given a chance to work for them again. Desperate for a break from all the normalcy, she agrees.
But as one disastrous mission leads to another, Evie starts to wonder if she made the right choice. And when Evie’s faerie ex-boyfriend Reth appears with devastating revelations about her past, she discovers that there’s a battle brewing between the faerie courts that could throw the whole supernatural world into chaos. The prize in question? Evie herself.
So much for normal.
I was so excited about reading this one, because I really had enjoyed the first one. Yet again, this sequel wasn’t as good as the first one. The thing is, even though it was fun and entertaining, Evie wasn’t as fun and bubbly as she was in Paranormalcy.

The story in this sequel was more about Evie learning about living the real life, and getting used to not having Lend with her as often as before. With Lend, it annoyed me that she couldn’t really be honest with him. He deserved that much after everything they went through in Paranormalcy, no? I simply felt a little left down by Evie, because she wasn’t the girl that made me fall in love with this series.  Where is the independent Evie from the first book?

One of the things I liked about Supernaturally was that Evie finally get some answers. She learns a little more about what is going on. The other thing that I really liked was Jack, even though he was often annoying for Evie, he made me laugh so often.

If I could have added one important thing to this book, it would have been Lend. I know he is away for school, and it is really important, but come on! He is such a great character. I love the way he acts with Evie. Much more than I like the way she acts with him.

The story was surprising, that I can say without any problems. It was well written, fun and captivating. I love how well the humor is included in this book. Kiersten White has a talent to make me smile and laugh everytime I end up reading in public, which is really often.

Can’t wait for the third book! I really want to know what will happen next in this series.

2 comments:

  1. Evie's independance was one of my favorite aspects of the first novel. I'm sad to hear she's changed a bit. I'm still looking forward to reading it though. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Raga variety is usually exclusively intended for current women of all ages in addition to is amongst the ideal libraries by Titan. replica hublot The sophisticated types with household leather belts or maybe garnished precious metal ties deliver eternal magnificence. rolex replica sale Many people match some sort of woman’s femininity in addition to sensuality in addition to create luxury on their everyone. rolex replica sale Borders is usually publicised for the reason that world’s slimmest check out in addition to is designed for another person exactly who wants to accessorize his or her hand that has a sober, light-weight as well as a properly sophisticated equipment. rolex replica sale Sonata wristwatches usually are suited to activities aficionados rolex replica and provides wonderful depths connected with mineral water amount of resistance while using the efficiency of any stopwatch intended for perfection.

    ReplyDelete