Friday, August 19, 2011

Review: Infinite Days


Title: Infinite Days
Author: Rebecca Maizel
Series: Vampire Queen #1
Release Date: August 3rd, 2010
Number of Pages: 308
Publisher: St. Martin’s Griffin
Source: Bought
"Throughout all my histories, I found no one I loved more than you...no one."
 
Those were some of Rhode's last words to me. The last time he would pronounce his love. The last time I would see his face.
 
It was the first time in 592 years I could take a breath. Lay in the sun. Taste.
 
Rhode sacrificed himself so I, Lenah Beaudonte, could be human again. So I could stop the blood lust.
I never expected to fall in love with someone else that wasn't Rhode.
But Justin was...daring. Exciting. More beautiful than I could dream.
I never expected to be sixteen again...then again, I never expected my past to come back and haunt me...
Oh my god. I devoured this book in only a couple of hours. It was simply too good to put down. I was surprised by how well Lenah was able to pass as a teenager. After all, she had been asleep for a hundred years, and had only been a teenager almost 500 years before that. Yet, she was able to pass easily as one. Maybe too easily?

I like how the book was constructed with the flashback of Lenah’s life. Yet, I think the whole love between Lenah and Justin happened a little too fast for me, especially since he had a girlfriend when they met. I still thought they were cute together, but I didn’t think it should have happened that fast.

I’m so sad that we couldn’t have that much scene with Rhode. I really wanted to know more about him. I love the few scenes we got to see between Lenah and Rhode, because there was a beautiful chemistry between the two of them. The character I wish we could have seen less is definitely Vicken. I just don’t like him. He annoyed me, even if we didn’t see him that much.

The writing was beautifully captivating. I simply couldn’t put the book down. I’m already excited for the sequel, and I can’t wait to get my hands on it. I can’t believe it took me a year to read this one. I loved it.

3 comments:

  1. I read this one and liked it too! The cover is so startling beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book was amazing! And I agree, I definitely didn't like Vicken. Great review :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Great review!
    Awesome!

    ReplyDelete