Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (16)



 Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly Meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine. It is an opportunity for us to show books we can't wait to get our hands on.

This week, I'm waiting for:


Title: Article 5
Author: Kristen Simmons
Release Date: February 14th, 2012
Publisher: Tor Teen

New York, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C., have been abandoned.

The Bill of Rights has been revoked, and replaced with the Moral Statutes.

There are no more police—instead, there are soldiers. There are no more fines for bad behavior—instead, there are arrests, trials, and maybe worse. People who get arrested usually don't come back.


Seventeen-year-old Ember Miller is old enough to remember that things weren’t always this way. Living with her rebellious single mother, it’s hard for her to forget that people weren’t always arrested for reading the wrong books or staying out after dark. It’s hard to forget that life in the United States used to be different.


Ember has perfected the art of keeping a low profile. She knows how to get the things she needs, like food stamps and hand-me-down clothes, and how to pass the random home inspections by the military. Her life is as close to peaceful as circumstances allow.


That is, until her mother is arrested for noncompliance with Article 5 of the Moral Statutes. And one of the arresting officers is none other than Chase Jennings…the only boy Ember has ever loved.

Seriously, these 2012 Debut novels make me so excited for 2012! There are so many books I can’t wait to read and this is one of them. Who doesn’t love a good dystopia.

29 comments:

  1. I'm super excited for this one! I love love love a good dystopia, and I'm hoping this lives up to the excitement and intrigue of the suammry; great pick!

    Waiting on Wednesday @ Radiant Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I'm sooo excited for this one too! Great pick!

    Pam | jellylovesbooks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pick! I haven't been too hot for dystopian lately, but this sounds great. Thanks for sharing!

    Here's mine: http://thebookishbabes.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds really good, i haven't read many dystopian but I always enjoy a good one!
    Here is my Wow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! This one is going to be an upcoming WOW for me, as it's on my Debut Author Challenge list for 2012! Great pick!
    Courtney @ Fuzzy.Coffee.Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks awesome:D I am looking forward to this book:D Great pick

    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday-17_23.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like a captivating read.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday_23.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard about this one from some other bloggers. It sounds really interesting. I'm excited for the 2012 debut novels as well! New follower :)

    Feel free to check out my WoW
    Andrea @Cozy Up

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not sure if this one is for me. I'm not usually a fan of dystopian fiction... I hope you enjoy it though! :)

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh I'm really excited to read this one too! Awesome pick I love dystopians!!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm hoping to read this for the 2012 DA Challenge! It looks friggin awesome!!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds fantastic! I've really started to love dystopian novels! Great pick!

    --Kaitlin

    ReplyDelete
  13. I keep seeing this one and I am now really, really interested in reading it. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Like Amy I keep seeing this one. It does sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for stopping by! Great pick! I love dystopians!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This one looks great!I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks like such a good book. I can't wait for 2012 either!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh man... I think I'm in love with dystopian novels... It's now in my to-reads pile.

    Thanks for visiting my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great choice! I totally have this on my 2012 DAC list!

    Michele | WoW

    ReplyDelete
  20. I totally can't wait to read this one. It's actually my pick for next week!

    Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have been seeing a lot of this book lately! It sounds awesome :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've been hearing a lot about this one, great pick. Thanks for stopping by our blog!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've seen this around. It sounds interesting. Can't wait to read it. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great pick, I got a copy of this one in the mail last week and can't wait to read it. It really sounds amazing. :D

    Here is my Waiting on Wednesday: WoW

    And feel free to enter my Holiday Giveaway: Holiday Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  25. I want this book so badly, especially after reading an excerpt. Can't wait!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  26. Also looking forward to reading this!

    Thanks for dropping by, really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm hoping to read this for the DAC 2012!

    -Sky @ YA Infatuation
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am SO dying to read this one!!! It looks so awesome!!! Great pick :)

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  29. AHHHH!!! Totally can't wait for this one :D :D :D Looks fabulous! Great WoW pick!

    ReplyDelete