Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Review: Crossed

Title: Crossed
Author: Ally Condie
Release Date: November 1st, 2011
Series: Matched #2
Number of Pages: 384
Publisher: Dutton
Source: Bought
The hotly awaited second book in the dystopian Matched trilogy
 In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake.
Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.
Let me say how excited I was when I finally got my hands on this book. I had been dying to read it for months, so when I finally read it I devoured it. Yet, I was slightly disappointed by the story, simply because I was expecting more…

The first thing that I want to talk about is something I really liked about Crossed: the dual narration. Both Ky and Cassia narrates, which gives us a good idea of what is going. After all, they have been separated in Matched, and they are both looking for the other. I would have felt cheated if Ally Condie hadn’t given us Ky’s part of the story. I wanted to know what happen to both of them, and I even wished we could have learned a little more about what is going on for Xander.

Talking about Xander, am I the only one who spent half the book going crazy over WHAT HIS FREAKING SECRET WAS? I seriously didn’t really know what it was until it was revealed. This made me want to know what was going on with him even more. Why? I simply feel like this book made me love Xander a whole lot more, even if he wasn’t there that much. I like Xander better than Ky now. Ky is actually starting to get on my nerves. I just felt through this book that he is hiding too much from Cassia, and only for his own gain…
Now, some new characters were introduced in this book. I did liked most of them, as we mostly met allies. I really liked Indie, even if she wasn’t always completely honest with Cassia. I felt like she was true to what I felt her character was. I really liked Eli. I just find him so cute!

Now, one of the things that slightly disappointed me was the lack of real action. The story was mostly about Ky and Cassia finding each other, and then finding their way to the Raising. I wanted more action. I wanted more Xander! I was simply expecting a little more.

Still, I have to say that I’m completely craving for the third book. I seriously want it now. The ending is really making me want to know what is going on, and more about who, what, were….

A great sequel to a great dystopian novel. I still adore Matched, and I still want to know what will happen to Cassia. Now, I would recommend you go back and reread Matched before reading Crossed, as it may help you follow the plot more easily. I have to say I was slightly lost at some points because of it.

1 comment:


  1. 1 year in the future, this Rolex Bubbleback seemed to be unveiled into your current market. Caused by and unsuccessful hublot replica uk endeavors in past times along with the caused skepticism from the open eyes, Rolex tried using to help advertize that completely new type seeing that "the check out experiencing connected with 1934". This amazing fantastic gun would be the check out never ever received "Bubbleback" personalized at any place on there, in addition to seemed to be never ever legally given panerai replica sale of which identify. As a substitute, the item lose interest "Rolex Oyster Perpetual" at the base of this 12 o'clock location. The way made it happen grown into often known as "Bubbleback"? Very well, the response lies in it is bubble-shaped, fuller event returning. This dense Auto-Rotor concluded in a in excess of type of process which often desired some sort of fuller event. A different chip label due to this type were being "Ovettone". That Italian language concept suggests "little egg". The primary Rolex Bubbleback seemed to be this type 1858 centric because of the Ref. 520 mobility. This pass designs were being centric because of the patek philippe replica sale Ref. 530 mobility. The earliest Bubbleback products included some sort of 3 portion event as well as a greater event returning. With 1936, Rolex rolled available a couple completely new products: 3131 in addition to 3132. Both equally most of these products had the latest 2-piece event in addition to completely new improved mobility 9 ¾'''. The one change rolex replica sale between products seemed to be of which while Type 3131 seemed to be centric because of the Ref. 620 (additional moments), type 3132 seemed to be centric because of the Ref. 630 (pass moments).

    ReplyDelete