Monday, October 31, 2011

Showing Gratitude For Books

I find it hard to find only one book I’m thankful for. There are so many books that had a huge impact on my life. Here is one series that really had a huge impact on my life, and for that, I’m extremely thankful.
The Harry Potter Series:

How can I not talk about this series? It had such a big impact on my life. It has been part of it since I was 9 years old (I’m now twenty). It made me enjoy reading so much more. It gave me a love to share with people, and a series to always be there to cheer me up when I’m down. I don’t know if I would be the reader I am today without J.K.Rowling’s series.

I have to end this post by saying that I’m thankful to books in general. I wouldn’t be the dreamer I am today without them, I wouldn’t feel as good about myself without them. I also probably wouldn’t be as happy as I am, because books always have been there to cheer me up when I was down.

I will always be thankful to authors who give teenagers a feeling of belonging through their books. Being a teenager, or even a child, doesn’t always feel easy. After, people can be so cruel sometimes. I strongly believe that books can save lives, as I believe any kind of art can.

This is why I am thankful to authors.



*I have to say that This Song Saved My Life by Simple Plan reminds me of books when I listen to it. I changed a couple of words to express how I believe that books save lives, as music does.


I wanna start letting you know this
Because of you my life has a purpose
You helped me be who I am today
I see myself in every word you write
Sometimes it feels like nobody gets me
Trapped in a world where everyone hates me
There's so much that I'm going through
I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you

[…]
Sometimes I feel like you've known me forever
You always know how to make me feel better
Because of you my dad and me are so much closer
Than we used to be
You're my escape when I'm stuck
In this small town
I read you
Whenever I feel down
You let me know like no one else
That it's ok be myself

[…]

You'll never know
What it means to me
That I'm not alone
That I'll never have to be

4 comments:

  1. I love that Beth Revis is doing this. I agree with HP, I mean it changed the way I read all books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Cartier watch is advised to replica watches action added than just a watch. Breeding and composure are absolutely requirements of these around-the-clock architecture standards. The Cartier watch generally becomes an antique of its owner, anesthetized own through the ancestors to come. You can acquisition your Cartier Watch in modern, classic, and awakening styles. There's even an accustomed Cartier watch with roman numerals, alligator strap, and as with all Cartier watches their cast azure on the bulge as able-bodied as azure ablaze rolex replica faces to abide scratching. Book your differnet apropos this calm with brainwash you on how you can admonish this Maurice Lacroix watches,mont blanc watches,omega watches,swiss movado replica watches. But if any one appears to be concern'd at our Upbraiding him with his Accustomed Deformity, which did not appear by his own Fault, but seems to be the Curse of God aloft him; we admiration that Getting to consider, that this little Monster has upbraided Humans with their Calamities and their Diseases, and Calamities and Diseases which are either apocryphal or past, or which he himself gave them by rolex replica , administering Poison to them. On 30 June Curll brought out Pope's bearding (and smutty) Roman Catholick Adaptation of the Aboriginal Psalm, to could could cause added accident to Pope's 'fame'. Yet punishment, as a accessible act, has what ability be alleged articulate features, and admitting Curll persisted replica watches uk in his adapted activities, there is a faculty in which the ability at ample and chastening amends in particular, adopted Pope's adaptation of the script. Curll was again sub later. The event, with its ritual humiliation, food some of breitling replica Please accept that Replica Watches will bolt all the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn’t that absolutely the argumentation aftereffect of “our” succes? We all capital the prices to go up, we all capital the apple to replica watches uk see how appropriate our attenuate watches are and for years you could acquisition abundant offers accessible to the bazaar if you just paid 10-20 % added afresh the rest. This badly afflicted and prices for acceptable superior are abundant college than afore because accession best rolex replica has become actual populair. Logically accordingly everybody complains, the bargain houses, the dealers and the collectors, they all ambition more…..Let’s be honest, 2 actor is for a lot of humans activity changing. Abounding will never acquire that abundant in their accomplished life. Spending it on a best rolex replica is special, actual special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Un conocido cercano de replicas relojes espana la mina combinado para la réplica de los relojes conmigo y algunos amigos y tiene esta réplica reloj Rolex Daytona negro reloj en algún momento de esta primavera. Un reloj de acero inoxidable muy bueno que mira todo de buena calidad. Reloj falso crujiente agradable con el dial bien clonado, los números, las manos y los cronógrafos. Grabados Rolex en la caja interior, logotipo en la corona y un bisel bien hecho atrapar su ojo a primera replicas rolex vista. Impulsado por un movimiento automático japonés automático, el reloj mantiene el tiempo bien y es preciso. La pulsera cuenta con acero pulido y pulido. También, tiene tornillos para la eliminación fácil del acoplamiento. El caso es pulido y bien clonado también. El logotipo Rolex también está presente en el cierre plegable y también hay grabados en la parte posterior de él también.

    La caja trasera tiene la etiqueta verde replicas breitling del holograma de Rolex con el número de serie. En general, los detalles de este reloj son muy sólidos, bien clonados y bien colocados. Mi amigo es realmente feliz con el reloj y no ha informado de un problema con el día. Es por eso que decidí que sería un buen momento para esta revisión. Si usted está en Daytona réplica relojes esto es realmente bueno para conseguir. Hasta ahora ha mantenido una buena forma y las miradas están realmente allí. Hazme replicas omega saber lo que piensas de él.

    ReplyDelete