Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Review: Poison Diaries: Nightshade

Title: Nightshade
Author: Maryrose Wood & The Duchess Of Northumberland
Released Date: October 25th, 2011
Series: Poison Diaries #2
Number of Pages: 288
Publisher: HarperCollins Teen
Source: NetGalley
A dark, gothic tale of romance… and murder.
The latest book in the grippingly dark series, The Poison Diaries.
Our heroine, Jessamine, has lost her faith in the men she loved, and her innocence as well. She turns to the dark side and plots to kill her father, using his own poisons, before becoming an assassin, a poisoner for hire. Can she recover from her heartache and reunite with her true love, Weed? Find out in this thrilling story where poisons, darkness and horror are a part of everyday life, and love is the only cure
I didn’t really enjoy this book as much as I had hoped. I didn’t love the first book, but enjoyed it enough to read the sequel. Yet, I felt kind of bored through the pages. The story simply didn’t captivate me enough to really love it. That’s the thing. I was waiting for something that never came.

I felt like this was just the story of Jessamine going to the dark side, influenced by the Prince Oleander. Honey, are you really listening to the voice in your head. We all know it never ends well… Weed is away, hearing a couple of things here and there about the girl he loves. Yet, he never really goes to her. I felt like the beginning was promising me something entertaining. I just didn’t find it in here.

I don’t have much more to say that I was disappointed. Maybe I was expecting too much. It just didn’t work for me. I know a lot of people who did enjoy it. Well, in the end we can like everything. It wasn’t the writing, or anything like that. Simply the story didn’t work for me.


1 comment:

  1. It's not at all tough to the skilled eyesight to tell apart a new duplicate ysl replica coming from a false, since Prada totes are generally in the overcom craftmanship along with good quality. To start with, take a look at your interior of your handbag. The lining need to be as well as the outdoors is actually zero stich beyond position. Second, have a very close up search in the product. Whether it is natural leather omega replica sale, generally there mustn't be just about any compound smell. Be sure thet zero tinting is present for the computer hardware knowning that your impressed Prada company logo is incredibly crystal clear. Check out if your on the inside brand claims gucci replica along with whether or not the writings for the handbag are generally spelt appropriately. Aside from, you must assessment your renowned triangular company logo on the outside to make certain it can be fastened effectively knowning that your lettering can be effectively proportioned. Often you need to to make certain your impressed company logo can be wonderfully accomplished fake rolex datejust. Maybe you have discovered that you have lots of things to evaluate while acquiring a realistic replica watches sale, nevertheless if you find another thing beyond position, your authenticity is problem.

    ReplyDelete