Thursday, October 13, 2011

Review: Will Grayson, Will Grayson

Title: Will Grayson, Will Grayson
Author: John Green and David Levithan
Release Date: April 6th, 2010
Series: None
Number of Pages: 310
Publisher: Speak
Source: Bought
One cold night, in a most unlikely corner of Chicago, two teens—both named Will Grayson—are about to cross paths. As their worlds collide and intertwine, the Will Graysons find their lives going in new and unexpected directions, building toward romantic turns-of-heart and the epic production of history’s most fabulous high school musical.
Hilarious, poignant, and deeply insightful, John Green and David Levithan’s collaborative novel is brimming with a double helping of the heart and humor that have won both them both legions of faithful fans.
First of all, let me start by saying that I really, really enjoyed this book. I really loved it. Yes, there were some negative thing about it, but still, Will Grayson, Will Grayson did the job for me.

First, let me start with my most favorite thing about this book….TINY!! Oh my Gosh, I’m in love with him (as a character). Isn’t he so amazing? I can’t even describe how much I adored him. He was simply too much. Too sweet, too funny, too amazing. Seriously, he was the best character of the book.

Now, the Will Grayson. Let’s start with the first Will, John’s character. I liked him, but I must say he didn’t really surprise me. He reminded me of most of John Green’s main character, which is not a bad thing. I really enjoyed every book I’ve read from John Green, so you won’t hear me complain about that. 

Now the second Will Grayson, written by David Levithan, was my favorite. The only thing that annoyed the crap out of me, even thought I understand (or king of) the why behind his choice, is the fact that it’s ONLY WRITTEN IN LOWERCASE!!!!! Honestly, I can’t really say why, it simply annoyed the heck out of me. I just need the capitalized letter, so I know it’s the beginning of a sentence. (I can’t really say why, my eyes don’t see to register the point at the end of the sentences. I really wonder why…)

Still. I found the book to be really amazing, and it was really fun to say both characters written by two different others interact with one and the other. I honestly would recommend it to everyone. Just be warned that David Levithan’s chapters are only written in lowercase, in case it annoys you like me.

Anyone has read it? Your thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. That's weird that David Levithan's chapters are written all in lowercase. That would annoy me, too. The only time I'm okay with something like that is in poetry.

    I've heard a lot of great things about this book, and after reading your review, I might add it to my TBR list. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love John Green's writing style and have just recently discovered David Levithan. I own this book and am definitely reading it soon.

    ReplyDelete