Saturday, October 15, 2011

Review: Silence


Title: Silence
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Release Date: October 4th, 2011
Series: Hush Hush #3
Number of Pages: 438
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Source: Bought
The noise between Patch and Nora is gone. They've overcome the secrets riddled in Patch's dark past...bridged two irreconcilable worlds...faced heart-wrenching tests of betrayal, loyalty and trust...and all for a love that will transcend the boundary between heaven and earth. Armed with nothing but their absolute faith in one another, Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for—and their love—forever.
Okay, let me start by saying that I always thought this was supposed to be a trilogy. I don’t know why I did; I never thought she would keep this series going for more than three books.

Let me say this, it isn’t because I don’t really like this series. I do really like it. The thing is that I usually get bored when there are too many books, unless it’s a really amazing series (Vampire Academy anyone?)

Now, let’s talk about this one. First thing, you should really re-read the last chapters of Crescendo if you don’t want to be completely confused when you start this one. When I say confused, I don’t mean, “Ummm, I’m not sure I remember that moment or that character well enough”. It’s more like “HOLY SMOKE WHAT DID I MISS? WHAT IS GOING ON? WAS THERE A BOOK 2.5? HOLY SMOKE!” That was kind of how I felt at the beginning of the book.

After that, I fell right back into the story. Gosh, I adore Patch. I think I like him even more in this book. Nora was also more fun to read, but I still not completely in love with her character. She’s growing on me thought. We’re seeing a stronger side of her that I really liked.

Now, the last thing I really want to talk about is the ending. My problem with it isn’t as much about the ending of the book, more about the continuation of the series. If we had skipped the last chapter, I think I would have been really happy about this being the ending of the series. I would have really liked this to be the end, simply because it would have ended on a high note. Now I just don’t know what to expect next, and not on the “she’s keeping me on my toes about what will happen next.” It’s more like I’m skeptical about where she will take us….

(Am I the only one thinking that the summary didn’t really prepare me for the first half of the book?)

Now, have you read it?

What did you think?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read this yet, but I've seen a lot of interesting reviews of it and I'm keen to see what I think. Thanks for your thoughts!

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same exact way! The summary totally didn't really match what happened in the book. I liked it a lot, but part of me was a little disappointed. I don't know. I did enjoy Patch though! Swoon, swoon!
    Liza @ Book Crook Liza

    ReplyDelete