Sunday, October 09, 2011

Review: Lost in Time


Title: Lost in Time
Author: Melissa de la Cruz
Release Date: September 27th, 2011
Series: Blue Blood #6
Number of Pages: 342
Publisher: Hyperion
Source: Bought
After their beautiful yet brief bonding ceremony in Italy, Schuyler Van Alen and Jack Force are forced to separate. To fulfill the Van Alen Legacy, Schuyler travels to Alexandria to search for Catherine of Siena and the Gate of Promise. But Schuyler quickly discovers that everything she believed about the Gate to be wrong. Meanwhile, Jack makes the difficult decision to return to New York to face his twin and former bondmate, Mimi. But instead of a bitter reunion, he is faced with a choice for which there is no good option.
 
Mimi, with a most unexpected travel companion in Oliver Hazard-Perry, jets off to Egypt, too, to search for Kingsley Martin, her long lost love. With all roads leading to Hell, Mimi learns that not all love stories have happy endings. But she'll have to put her own feelings aside if she's going to save her crumbling Coven.
 
Packed with heartache, twists, and vampiric folklore, Lost in Time is sure to satisfy hungry fans' cravings for more Blue Bloods adventure.
Ummmm. I want to start by saying how much I liked this series. Yet, we’re at book six now, and I must say that I’m getting a little bored by it. It’s not that I don’t like it. I’m just tired of waiting for the end of Schuyler, Jack, Oliver and Mimi’s story. Well, of course Melissa De La Cruz had to leave us with a little cliffhanger, to keep us guessing until the final book (finally the final book. I thought at first that this was the finale one.

The characters haven’t changed really that much, yet they still did. Some changed in a good way, others not so much. First, I Shuyler and Jack ended up boring me. I found Schuyler to be acting too much like she is now only Jack’s other half. She just seemed to have lost her strength, and I’m not talking about physical strength. Jack seemed to only want to be Schuyler’s hero, even if he is the reason she is partly in danger.

Mimi ended up being my favorite character in this book. She was messed up, but at least she stays the same bitchy girl. I like that from her. Okay, I was also mad at how she treated Oliver, but still. She stays true to herself. Oliver seemed to have lost the will to really live fully because of Schuyler, and that made me sad. I like Oliver, he was simply a great supporting character, always there for Schuyler. HE was always there, even if she didn’t deserve it.
I always enjoy the books written by Melissa de la Cruz. Still, I can’t wait for her to work on something new. I want to know more from the Blue Blood world, without being it about Schuyler and Jack.

1 comment:

  1. Sooo I absolutely love this series, but I have to agree with you that I've been getting kind of bored. I've put off buying this one, because I didn't like the last one as much as I've loved all the others. I don't know, it seems like nothing exciting really happens anymore. We shall see though, I guess. Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete