Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Review: If I Die

Title: If I Die
Author: Rachel Vincent
Release Date: Setpember 27th, 2011
Series: Soul Screamers #5
Number of Pages: 342
Publisher: HarlequinTeen
Source: Bought
The entire school's talking about the gorgeous new math teacher, Mr. Beck. Everyone except Kaylee Cavanaugh. After all, Kaylee's no ordinary high-school junior. She's a banshee—she screams when someone dies.
But the next scream might be for Kaylee.
Yeah—it's a shock to her, too. So to distract herself, Kaylee's going to save every girl in school. Because that hot new teacher is really an incubus who feeds on the desire of unsuspecting students. The only girls immune to his lure are Kaylee and Sabine, her boyfriend's needy ex-girlfriend. Now the unlikely allies have to get rid of Mr. Beck…before he discovers they aren't quite human, either.
But Kaylee's borrowed lifeline is nearing its end. And those who care about her will do anything to save her life.
Anything.
Holy Smoke! Now, that’s a book that you will either love or get mad about. Why? It is simply because Kaylee finally seems to make up her mind about what she really wants. It is simply mad. I got so into this book that I simply couldn’t put it down. I had to finish it. I ended up staying up until 1am to finish it up, even if I had to wake up early for class. So my recommendation? Don’t start it before going to bed.

Did I say that I love this series (If you’ve read my reviews for all the other books from this series, than you know I do!)? My mind slightly changed about some characters, but I still love it. First, I’m really liked Kaylee in this one, simply because she finally decides what she wants and what she needs. Nash made me want to punch him a couple of time. I used to really love him, but now, not so much. He just disappointed me during the series. Sabine grew on me, as we get to see a different side of her in this book (meaning, we see more than just freakily jealous ex-girlfriend side.) Finally, Todd made me fall head over heel for him. He is simply so amazing in this book! If you didn’t like him before, you will probably end up liking him more now.

Now, the story really got me. I couldn’t put it down. I was simply soo good. There’s more than one story line, wish made it even more addicting. There’s the story line with Mr. Beck and there’s Kaylee’s storyline. They are both excellent. If you enjoyed the other books of the story, you will probably love this book. If you haven’t started this series yet, DO IT NOW!! It is simply excellent.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, I loved this book! And yes, Tod! I was already in love with him, but this book just made me even more! This was definitely my favourite in the series so far! :) Great review!

    Liza @ Book Crook Liza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I was suprised to learn that there will be another book in 2012 for this series. I thought this would have been a nice ending to the series, but I can't say that I'm not super excited about more Kaylee, Tod and everyone else (we can see here which characters I prefer...)

    ReplyDelete