Friday, October 07, 2011

Review: The Karma Club

Title: Karma Club
Author: Jessica Brody
Release Date: April 27th, 2010
Series: None
Number of Pages: 272
Publisher: Farrar, Straus and Giroux
Source: Bought
Madison Kasparkova always thought she understood how Karma works. Do good things and you'll be rewarded, do something bad and Karma will make sure you get what you deserve. 

But when Maddy’s boyfriend cheats on her, nothing bad comes his way. That’s why Maddy starts the Karma Club, to clean up the messes that the universe has left behind. Sometimes, though, it isn’t wise to meddle with the universe. 

It turns out Karma often has plans of its own.
This really was a light, girly read. It was quite enjoyable! It kind of reminded me of The Lipstick Laws, as a mater of fact.

The plans to punish those who have wronged them are simply hilarious. That was simply so much fun to read. They try to take Karma in their own hands, but you know what they say: “Karma’s a b***.”

The main character may not be the deepest character there is, she was still fun to follow. She was shy this book was entertaining. It was about payback and about learning a lesson about the consequences of your actions. An entertaining book that will please those looking for a light read. It was enjoyable. It made me laugh and smile.

For this book, I think the trailer says it all. If it looks like the kind of book you’ll enjoy, you probably will. It delivers everything the trailer promises.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed this one. I'll keep it in mind when I'm looking for a light read. I have an ebook of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds fun, I didn't know this one, thanks ! I will add it to my wishlist. I really like the trailer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't heard of this one before, but it sounds super cute! Thanks for reviewing it! I'm definitely going to track it down.

    ReplyDelete