Monday, April 04, 2011

Review: City of Ashes



To celebrate the fact that City of Fallen Angels is coming out tomorrow (YEAH!) and to congratulate myself on finishing my three essays due today, I decided to re-read City of Ashes and City of Glass. I already had re-read City of Bones, so I only had those two to re-read to be ready for the fourth book. I can’t wait, I chould get it Wednesday, if Amazon is as fast as it usually is.

Title: City of Ashes
Author: Cassandra Clare
Release Date: January 1st, 2008
Series: The Mortal Instruments #2
Number of Pages: 453
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Source: Bought
-
A murderer is loose in New York City ...

... and the victims are Downworlder children. Clary Fray and her fellow Shadowhunters have a strong suspicion that Valentine, Clary's father, may be behind the killings. But if he is the murderer, then what's his true motive? To make matters worse, the second of the Mortal Instruments, the Soul-Sword, has been stolen, and the mysterious Inquisitor has arrived to investigate, with his eyes vigilantly targeted on Clary's brother, Jace.

Clary will need to face some terrifying demons and even more terrifying family decisions. No one said that the life of a Shadowhunter would be easy
-

First thing I have to say is: I simply LOVE this series. I could write the simplest review, just telling you to get it as soon I you can, but I won’t. I still have to tell you why!

The story is just too captivating. I just had to know what would happen next, even if I had already read it (you never know, it might have changed!) There is always something going on, something to keep you addicted. I was re-reading it, and I don’t think anyone could have taken the book from me, without a big tantrum (and I haven’t done tantrum for a really long while. I’m really turning into a fangirl, because of this series.) I laugh, I cry, I cheer, and I try to tell the characters what to do (which is pretty useless, as they don’t hear me. Still, don’t judge. This series really makes me crazy. At least, I read it at home this time. I would have got to many strange looks in the metro or at school. Not that I care. The ending of course makes me mad, simply because I didn’t want it to end. Now I’m reading City of Glass to get my fix, but I don’t know what I’ll do when I will finish City of Fallen Angels. I’ll have to painfully wait. *Sigh*

If I had to write a thousand words essay about the characters, I think it would only be about Jace. He is so wonderfully badass. I love his witty comments, his snarky remarks and all the sarcasm he gives us. He is just too awesome. Wish he was real *dreamy look*. Clary is great. I like her. The only thing I don’t like about her is the way she ends up playing with Simon’s feeling, even if she doesn’t mean to. Even if I prefer Jace (Team Jace!!) I like Simon. He is so loyal to Clary, even if she doesn’t sometime deserve it. He always comes back to her. I wish I had a guy friend like him!

Cassandra Clare is simply amazing. She got me addicted and begging for more. I’m dying to read her books, which can be bad for my budget. I can’t wait for City of Fallen Angels, or anything else she writes.

Love this book. Worth a good 10/10 in my book!


By the way, has anyone listen to the first chapter of City of Fallen Angels? I’m really tempted to buy the audio book, just so I can hear the amazing Ed Westwick reading. He has such a wonderful voice!

4 comments:

  1. Great review! It's so hard not to gush about these books; I love them so much! I didn't know we could listen to the first chapter I'll have to check that out. Can't wait for CoFA tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this series... But everyone is head over heels for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must read this book! I have it.... just need to READ it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your visit!

    I have the first three installments of this series sitting on my shelf. I seems as I have something to look forward to. :)

    ReplyDelete