Friday, April 08, 2011

Review: In the Arms of Stone Angels

Title: In the Arms of Stone Angels
Author: Jordan Dane
Release Date: April 1st, 2011
Series: None
Number of Pages: 384
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Source: Bought
-
Two years ago I did a terrible thing. I accused my best friend of being a killer after seeing him kneeling over a girl's body. That moment and that outcast boy still haunt me.
Now my mom is forcing me back to Oklahoma and I can't get White Bird out of my mind. But when I find out he's not in juvie—that he's in a mental hospital, locked in his tormented brain at the worst moment of his life—I can't turn my back on him again.
No one wants me to see him. My mom doesn't trust me. The town sheriff still thinks I was involved in the murder. And the other kids who knew the dead girl are after me.
I'm as trapped as White Bird. And when I touch him, I get sucked into his living hell, a vision quest of horrifying demons and illusions of that night. Everything about him scares me now, but I have to do something. This time I can't be a coward. This time I have to be his friend.
Even if I get lost, as well…
-

I had trouble reading this book. I just couldn’t get into the story. There was something that just kept me from really liking it, and I don’t know what it is.

The story is slow, but interesting. The ending is nicely written, and it goes well with the story. Yet, I couldn’t get into it. There was something that I can’t identify that makes me not enjoy it. I spend 4 days on it, and I stopped way to many time (for City of Fallen Angels and Where She Went.)

I couldn’t identify myself with the characters. I could tolerate Brenna, but I didn’t really like her. White Bird just didn’t do anything for me, and the bad guys just weren’t amazing. If I had any expectations, I would have been extremely disappointed. Still, I wasn’t expecting anything, so it was okay.

The best part for me was the writing. I really liked the way she writes, but I feel like her description are sometime to long.

Overall, I would give it a 3/5. I liked it, but it just wasn’t that great.

2 comments:

  1. I've really been wanting to read this. It sounds interesting, but I've heard mixed reviews. Guess I won't know til I read it lol. Good review! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are selling inexpensive volume-watches, no matter where rolex replica they are produced, smartwatches are going to have an effect on your sales. But the implication that "smartwatches are hurting the luxury swiss replica watches industry" is what I am taking issue with. Again, consider the Rolex versus Swatch comparison and hublot replica uk how these two "Swiss Made" watches are sold to very different types of consumers for replica watches very different reasons. So, while smartwatches are gaining popularity on unclaimed wrists or those wearing more basic watches merely to indicate the time, I just don't see any real evidence to suggest that the luxury hublot replica sale watch industry is appreciably suffering from the sale of smartwatches.

    ReplyDelete