Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Review: Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side

Title: Jessica’s Guide to Dating on the Dark Side
Author: Beth Fantaskey
Release Date: February 1st, 2009
Series: Jessica #2
Number of Pages: 354
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Source: Bought
-
The undead can really screw up your senior year ... 
Marrying a vampire definitely doesn’t fit into Jessica Packwood’s senior year “get-a-life” plan. But then a bizarre (and incredibly hot) new exchange student named Lucius Vladescu shows up, claiming that Jessica is a Romanian vampire princess by birth—and he’s her long-lost fiancé. Armed with newfound confidence and a copy of Growing Up Undead: A Teen Vampire’s Guide to Dating, Health, and Emotions, Jessica makes a dramatic transition from average American teenager to glam European vampire princess. But when a devious cheerleader sets her sights on Lucius, Jess finds herself fighting to win back her wayward prince, stop a global vampire war—and save Lucius’s soul from eternal destruction.
-

Okay, I read Jessica’s Guide to Dating on the Dark Side during the weekend, and I must say I was nicely surprise.

The story is so funny, so entertaining that I just couldn’t put it down. It was the perfect book to help me disconnect with all my homework. I laugh, cried and just became so addicted to the story. The ending is really nice, and I just can’t wait to read the sequel, to know where Jessica’s story is going.

Jessica makes me laugh so hard. She is so funny sometime, so innocent and so jealous. I just couldn’t stop myself from liking her. Lucius has something relax good going on for him. At first I wasn’t so sure, but the more I learned about him, the more I ended up liking him.

I find Fantaskey’s style just pure fun. I really need to read more from her, because she simply knows how to create amazing entertaining books.

Overall, 4.5! Simply because it made me laugh so hard, and kept me captivated until the last page. 

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful review!!!!Definitely going to read it. Thanks so much for the review.
    Mia
    http://bookaholic5.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book! So glad you did too, great review. I haven't read them, but I know on Beth's website she's posted up the chapters of Jessica and Lucius' wedding. And then we have a sequel bok in 2012! YAY! So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this book so much!!! I was a little off about Lucius in the beginning too, but as the story goes on, you become attached. I'm so excited for the sequel. Great review and Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has been on my TBR forever! I need to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love books that make me laugh! Putting this on my to-read list now...

    BTW, I just became your 100th follower. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete