Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Review: Zombies Vs Unicorns

Title: Zombies vs Unicorns
Editors: Holly Black and Justine Larbalestier
Release Date: September 1st 2010
Number of Pages: 415
Publisher: Margareth K. Elderry
Source: Bought
-
It's a question as old as time itself: which is better, the zombie or the unicorn? In this anthology, edited by Holly Black and Justine Larbalestier (unicorn and zombie, respectively), strong arguments are made for both sides in the form of short stories. Half of the stories portray the strengths—for good and evil—of unicorns and half show the good (and really, really bad-ass) side of zombies. Contributors include many bestselling teen authors, including Cassandra Clare, Libba Bray, Maureen Johnson, Meg Cabot, Scott Westerfeld, and Margo Lanagan. This anthology will have everyone asking: Team Zombie or Team Unicorn?
-

Okay, first thing first: TEAM ZOMBIES!!!!

Now, I can tell you about it!

Honestly, I knew maybe half of the authors of this book, but those I knew made me want to buy it. I really don’t regret doing so. Did I like all the stories? Yeah. Loved them? No. That’s why I chose team Zombies, I loved most of them! (Sorry Holly Black, I wish I was team Unicorn, but Zombies really rock my world =P)

I won’t say much about the stories, because I don’t want to spoil them, but it is really worth reading. It was the perfect book for me this week. I could read one story, do some of my work, than read another one, and go back to my homework.

If you like these authors, go get it. I really enjoyed it, and I really have to check out some of these authors’ books.

Really enjoyed it: 4/5!

*I’m really excited right now, because I just finished my really big essay, the essay that have been killing me for months! Now I feel so much better, but I still have a lot to do. Only 3 weeks left of school!*

4 comments:

  1. I really need to read this book. I have to find out which team I'm on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I am totally Team Unicorn!!!

    This was definitely an enjoyable book... I pretty much liked all of the stories, though some more than others, of course. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive been wanting to read this book.
    I was Team Zombies..but then I read Rampant, and Im on Team Unicorn.

    clarkmurdock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm Team Unicorn but I did really like the zombie stories in this anthology too.

    ReplyDelete