Friday, April 01, 2011

Review: The Dark and Hollow Places

Title: The Dark and Hollow Places
Author: Carrie Ryan
Release Date: March 22nd, 2011
Series: The Forest of Hans and Teeth #3
Number of Pages: 374
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Source: Bought
-
There are many things that Annah would like to forget: the look on her sister's face before Annah left her behind in the Forest of Hands and Teeth, her first glimpse of the Horde as they swarmed the Dark City, the sear of the barbed wire that would scar her for life. But most of all, Annah would like to forget the morning Elias left her for the Recruiters.  
Annah's world stopped that day, and she's been waiting for Elias to come home ever since. Somehow, without him, her life doesn't feel much different than the dead that roam the wasted city around her. Until she meets Catcher, and everything feels alive again.
But Catcher has his own secrets. Dark, terrifying truths that link him to a past Annah has longed to forget, and to a future too deadly to consider. And now it's up to Annah: can she continue to live in a world covered in the blood of the living? Or is death the only escape from the Return's destruction?
-

I couldn’t wait to read this one, when I finished The Dead-Tossed Waves. I just love this series. It is so good and captivating.

I just loved the story. It picks up almost right where the second book stops, but in Annah’s point of view. I just loved everything that went on in this book. There was up, there was down for Annah. There just was always something going on. I couldn’t put it down. You get to learn so much about he reality of the world Ryan created, as Annah didn’t have an easy life. Where the first two was an about fight and desperation, this one is about looking for hope. I just couldn’t ask for more. The ending really got me. I loved it. It simply was perfect, I couldn’t have asked for more.

The characters were great. I ended up liking Gabry a little more, Elias a little less. I absolutely adore Catcher now, and I think Annah was a really great main character. She appeared strong, but still had her weakness. I love her insecurities, it makes her seem even more human to my eyes. I loved them.

What can I say about Carrie Ryan. Well, for a start, I can say I love her. She is amazing; she creates this perfect Post-Apocalypse world. It is a wonderfully created world, so believable for me (if you consider the possibility of a “zombie” epidemic.) I can’t wait to read more from her; she is just too amazing,

I think this book is worth a good 10/10 for me. If you’ve liked the first two, you will definitely like this one!

1 comment:

  1. Still debating whether or not to read the second book. The Forrest of Hand and Teeth gave me nightmares for a week!

    ReplyDelete